ATX info - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
evnldr_Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10794
What I Drive: Silver 2001 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 evnldr_Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Angry ATX info

I got my car used it needed a fuel pump so I was told I had it fixed its under warranty... my odbII said before the repair job fuel level sensor trouble and they said they fixed the fuel pump... but same message is still on my odbII reader..... Now how dose that effect my car performance?

All I know is at a dead stop I floor it and it donít spin tires but kind of slowly gains speed and after the gear change same thing it donít seem to pull strong at all ..... but some times if im moving and floor it it takes off..... best to "race up to speed" with over drive off or on?

Thanks in advance

AEM Cold air intake

BODY:
Wings West Avenger Body Kit
Eibach Sportline Springs
Ford Racing Tail lights (nolonger chrome)
Ugly Carbon Fiber "Looking" Turn Signal Mirrors.
Billet 3rd Brake light cover

http://home.comcast.net/~evnldr/sig.jpg

<B>FRIENDS DONT LET FRENDS BUY SUBARU'S</B>
DON'T BLAME I VOTED FOR
ELMO!!!!!!!!!!
EVNLDR AKA Boomologist
Old 07-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
AuthentiCustomz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7547
What I Drive: 03 Zx3--Matrix Edition

FF Reputation: 1 AuthentiCustomz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
when racing u want overdrive off, since it will pull harder, and not for economy......but if ur racing on the highway....and u need a quick downshift, click O/D off, it will downshift, then u can rev through the gear a little more, then click overdrive on and it will shift for u
Old 07-29-2004, 06:27 AM   #3
Sublime

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Your car may still be starving for fuel. Since they fixed the fuel pump problem, they may have to fix the other problem you mentioned. This may take some work on your part in the way of being the squeaky wheel.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Re: ATX info

Quote:
Originally posted by evnldr_Focus
All I know is at a dead stop I floor it and it donít spin tires but kind of slowly gains speed and after the gear change same thing it donít seem to pull strong at all ..... but some times if im moving and floor it it takes off..... best to "race up to speed" with over drive off or on?
well, yeah, a 130HP ATX isn't exactly gonna tear the rubber off the wheel from a dead stop. the only way to do that is a neutral drop, which i HIGHLY recommend NOT doing! best way to launch is to powerlaunch (or is is powerbrake?). put your left foot on the brake, mash the gas, and when the light turns green let off the brake. still not the greatest thing for your powertrain, but it works well to get you going because the tires still won't break away so you don't waste anytime spinning your wheel. the down and out is that the ATX just bogs off the line. best fix for that is a good intake and TB. also, it helps to just learn how hard you can mash the pedal off the line. if i'm not powerlaunching, i usually just progressively lay into the gas so that i don't bog. hitting WOT at about 3K seems to work well this way.

as far as O/D off/on, i really don't notice a difference with it on or off. i don't think that turning the O/D off does anything more than lock you out of O/D. if you're really trying to move, though, leave it off bc the car will want to shift into 4th at about 100-102 even at WOT, and from there it just stops pulling. you can hit the governor with the O/D off, and it'll pull harder this way because it'll rev higher in 3rd.

hope this helps,

Mike

Bookmarks & Social Networks