Stock focus on drag strip? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Should stock cars race at the track?
Yes 129 84.87%
No 12 7.89%
It depends...(Explain) 11 7.24%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
SpecialEd

Fan#:
Stock focus on drag strip?

So my pop told me that a good place to go would be the Pomona Raceway (California) if I was really interested in car performance. He went there when he had his 69 Camaro.

I don't know if I wanna make a fool of myself with a stock zx3 out there, but I kinda want to go really fast!

Will there be other stock cars out there too? Will I get made fun of? And finally, Is it worth a $50 entry fee?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
50 bux. whoa! its 20 out here. go ahead, how many people can point out your car in a lot? they wont even remember you. dont worry. you cant care what others think of you.
go do your thang. but please try to ask questions and try to get some pointers from other racers. this is also called making friends! good luck on the track!

oh, and of course there'll be other stock cars out there, but most will be faster than you.

boogidy, boogidy, boogidy! Let's go racing boys!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
MSC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36334
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 MSC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I say do it. I will be taking my zx5 w/atx to the track in spring when it opens. I will be one of the slowest out there, but I don't care. I want to see what it will do. I have been to the track many times and seen people running in the 17 to 20 second range.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
SpecialEd

Fan#:
will taking the seats out help?

Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
SpecialEd

Fan#:
*bump*

Old 11-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've raced many cars stock. It's a blast. I saw a guy win a bracket racewith a stock ,auto, 4 banger Ford Tarus.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
allen_rubin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36836
What I Drive: 2004 Cloud 9 ZX3 W/05 FE

FF Reputation: 1 allen_rubin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Yeah its 20 to race and 10 to just sit and watch........i think the same way too. i dont wanna make a fool of myself :) so this thursday im probably goin and gonna go up againts my friends sport trac. lol...... but still all i have is CAI and i can still take lil civics. so just go and maybe ill see ya out there!!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #8
shaunq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20015
What I Drive: was SVT silver focus now black sentra ser spec v

FF Reputation: 1 shaunq Good Standing Member
I say go for it. Its cool to run ur car stock then see how much faster ur car gets with each bolt on, nos, or boost u put on it. But run it completely stock keep ur seats in and everything so u really get the true time of ur complete car. But for the most part u will be slow. My friend gabe when he first ran his focus it was dirt slow. In our elevation it was like a 16.8 or worse. Now he is now like a 15.6 or .8 but he walks alot of people out here. He kills my spec v!

I WANT MY FOURTH STAR SO I CAN BE A FOCUS ADDICT ALREADY!!!! lol
Old 11-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Yeah, go do it. Do you have a manual or auto?
With a manual you will run lower times.
I ran mine at the track (almost stock, but auto) and ended up with a 17.103 @ 79 whereas someone with a stock manual beat that time by like .3 seconds and a couple mph. It seemed like with my car you just flip a coin and that determines whether or not you are .5 seconds slower than what you expect, I ran consistent 18's before that last run. Then I took the spare tire and jack out and dropped .9 off the run before it. I dunno, maybe I modulated the pedal differently or something. It will shift a little earlier if you let off the floor just enough for me. It's confusing.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
SpecialEd

Fan#:
yeah, my car is a auto too.

Does it make any difference to start at 1 then move up to 2 and later D? Turn overdrive off? Or leave it in D the whole time?

My pop used to have a 4 speed auto with slap shifter and thats what he used to do, he told me to do it, but idk because times have changed and technology has gotten better.

Bookmarks & Social Networks