My SVT Brake Swap (w/Rear Discs) is Done! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
looks good. Is it a noticable difference between your old system?

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #12
Hubris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9465
What I Drive: 2000 Z28, 2004 ZX-5

FF Reputation: 1 Hubris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This (like with any) brake upgrade isn't going to be evident (beyond the good looks) until you start pushing the car....specifically doing repeated hard braking. I doubt you'd notice a difference stabbing the brakes for a red light....but if you ran up to 120mph and did a panic stop a couple times I'm positive the SVT brakes would be a night and day difference than stock Zetec.

I'd be curious to know if the SVT master cylinder is much different than the standard Zetec. Are you sure there is a brake bias adjuster in the SVT? If you swap the same parts from the SVT to the Zetec, it'll work the same. If you needed a manual valve to control brake bias on the SVT, I'd definately want to use it when the swap is done too.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #13
l88m22vette
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2184
What I Drive: 2001 Twilight Blue ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 l88m22vette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have not yet looked into a brake biasing valve, but that is on my list along with the braided lines and and SVT MC. I haven't getten my parking brakes working yet, just because I haven't had time this week to dive under it, but I want to try to get it done within a week. There is definetly a difference in brake power, as my car stops just as smoothly as before, but only much quicker; I've actually had to adjust how soon I step on the brake, because I was braking short for the first day or two. Sorry again about the double post. When I got the parts, they were the four full assemblies, so I had to disassemble them to get the stuff on the car, and then reassemble them; aside from the problems I mentioned, it really was a straight bolt-on, requiring only a little elbow grease and time to get on. About the only thing I'm going to have to keep in mind from this point on is that I'll need to make sure I always get SVT brake stuff (pads, etc). I've attached a pic of what I bought, except I did not get the entire rear
suspension.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html
Old 11-10-2004, 02:44 PM   #14
petik
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 461
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 petik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I've been looking around for an SVT master cylinder but all i see on like www.1stfordparts.com is master cylinder for all 00-04 focus models. Does that mean the svt master cylinder is the same? Can anyone confirm this? Also, would that suggest that maybe there is no need for a brake biasing valve?
'99 F350 PWS 4x4 Dually - chipped, 4" exhaust, intake, stg1 injectors
Old 11-10-2004, 04:42 PM   #15
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
just call the dealership and ask for part #s
Old 11-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #16
drtyzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14325
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 drtyzx3 Good Standing Member
hey man, i've got disc brakes on the back of my zx3 stock along with traction control, i was just curious how big are the back rotors of the svt? i have know idea how big mine are.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #17
dejomo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 19051
What I Drive: White 2001 ZX3-T

FF Reputation: 1 dejomo Good Standing Member
good thread... I am planning on doing the same thing just due to the outrageous cost of aftermarket rear brake systems
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #18
jestercow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36167
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 jestercow Good Standing Member
Master Cylinder

Just to revive an old post, if anyone's interested...I just looked up the two part #'s, and the SVT and non-SVT use the same master cylinder.

Bookmarks & Social Networks