2.0 Duratec Novice on the track uh oh.. (I'm posting all my timeslips) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126730
What I Drive: 2006 Yellow Focus ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 3 yellowhatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2.0 Duratec Novice on the track uh oh.. (I'm posting all my timeslips)

I originally went to the track to spectate as my friend from VA with a new Dart GT decided to come down to run his car at the track for some baseline runs. Having always been a spectator and having the itch to run at the strip I decided "hey why not?" He has a 12sec Dakota R/T that is blown so he was just as much as a noob as I was launching fwd sport compacts lol. Our first run was horrible to say the least, I think he ran a 17.5 and I ran a 18.03 after dumping the clutch like a noob due to fear/anticipation, second run I get a 17.03 and he gets a 17.5 again. running and and running until we are finally in the 16's lol.

I ended up getting a faster overall time than him me a 16.2 (my goal was a 15.9, so close ugh) and him a 16.4 (I wasn't running him during that run), I know both cars have a lot more into them but we need the driver mod lol. I wanted to drive his Dart GT as I believed I could have cracked a 15.5 as they can trap so high but he didn't want to as his wife probably wouldn't have it lol. Anyways I had a ton of fun including getting picked on a lot (all fun and a good times) due to my first launch having horrible wheel hop and the announcer saying "don't tear it up, don't tear it up" lol. The announcer saying "hoopty aleart hoopty alert" and "why did you get that car in yellow man??" had me dying as as well haha. Also getting destroyed by a 10sec Oldsmobile Gbody that was trailered in, and getting smoked by a ragged out EG hatch that kept trolling me was definitely funny.

I met another guy out there with a 2.3L Focus ST that was bone stock, he was learning his car as well. He has a Mazdaspeed 3 that runs 13's but is getting some work done to it. I wanted to run him but I was off everytime since I ended up getting lined up with the wrong people, so finally after he ran the 3rd time or so I meet up with him and ask "hey is this yours?" and we have conversation from there until we both agree to run as a 2.0 vs. 2.3 would be a good match. I manage to have a better reaction than him and outrun him but unfortunately us both getting worse than our best times him a 16.3(his best run being a 16.0) and me a 16.6 (my best run being a 16.2). I know we both had room for improvement. I was happy I was able to hang with a 2.3L car; it makes me proud of the 2.0 Duratec. Anyways, I posted some videos of me racing the 2.3 ST and me getting destroyed by a turbo EG hatch.

Unfortunately no video of my best run (and every single run I did) but I got a time slip to prove it. Now that I know where I stand, I already talked to Tom about a tune and a header. My mods so far: SRI, Focus Central 67mm TB, and HKS SVT Catback (no tune). Glad I was not the worse out there lol, there was a guy out there with a b18 Integra who was just happy to get a 16.6 lol (I feel his pain). The track officials were real cool teaching me the ropes about how everything works such as staying in appropriate lanes etc.

Hopefully once we both get our tunes we hope to see 15's and him low 15's; Chryslers have nasty rev limiters that cut timing way too soon so he was not able to even take advantage of the 184HP the 2.4L Dart puts out. After the track we bolted on his catback, when he got home he went ahead and ordered an Injen catback and will install his UDP Friday. I posted all my timeslips; my 60ft times, consistency and reaction definitely need work! I tell you what, after horrible wheel hop once I learned not to do that again fast! Easing off the clutch and taking advantage of the MTX-75's good 1st and 2nd gear help A LOT!

Best Run!

Me getting destroyed by a turbo EG Hatch. Beginning and @ 8:28

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Me hanging with a 2.3 ST (we both had room for improvement).

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114989
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 SEFocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Same video dude, lol
Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFocus2012 View Post
Same video dude, lol
Gah! Fixed thank you for spotting that.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Any mods to that yellow thing? Damn, i need some shades. :cool: aaah thats better

Mines a 2.0 Duratec Ti-VCT, 2012 focus se with the 6 speed dual clutch. car and driver or something said 0-60mph time is 7.3 sec, another site says 7.9 sec, what is yours?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Another site said a 01 was 16.6 quarter and 8.6 0-60. That sound right?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFocus2012 View Post
Another site said a 01 was 16.6 quarter and 8.6 0-60. That sound right?
Not sure, 01 is Zetec and I am completely unfamiliar with anything Zetec. I didn't even had my license when those were new lol. I haven't looked up 0-60 times. Mods are listed in my initial post: SRI, 67mm tb, and HKS exhaust; I need a tune. I guess I should mention that I removed spare tire and jack.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #7
UltegraSTI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 466
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow Honey

FF Reputation: 1 UltegraSTI Good Standing Member
i'm at work right now...

...but we'll talk.

-R

ps- especially b/c ur yella!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #8
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhatch View Post
Not sure, 01 is Zetec and I am completely unfamiliar with anything Zetec. I didn't even had my license when those were new lol. I haven't looked up 0-60 times. Mods are listed in my initial post: SRI, 67mm tb, and HKS exhaust; I need a tune. I guess I should mention that I removed spare tire and jack.
Thats cool, i love to see tasteful, not-over-the-top mods. My brother has a stock 07 ,i think it is, and.he is planning some mods. Hes a Honda fan tho, so his 92 accord comes first. Post some pics of that yeller thang. (speaking my native dialect) loo
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltegraSTI View Post
i'm at work right now...

...but we'll talk.

-R

ps- especially b/c ur yella!
Sounds good.

Quote:
Thats cool, i love to see tasteful, not-over-the-top mods. My brother has a stock 07 ,i think it is, and.he is planning some mods. Hes a Honda fan tho, so his 92 accord comes first. Post some pics of that yeller thang. (speaking my native dialect) loo
I'll take pics tomorrow of my yeller car. I remember I used to take my buddies bone stock 92 Accord coupe with my 2.5L Dodge Aries 5 speed all the time lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #10
SEFocus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhatch View Post
Sounds good.

I'll take pics tomorrow of my yeller car. I remember I used to take my buddies bone stock 92 Accord coupe with my 2.5L Dodge Aries 5 speed all the time lol.
His is chipped, 5 speed with a.2.2 non vtec prelude engine. I think its prelude. May be original.hell idk. F22a1 i what it is.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->