Crap - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
cpyder
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 150
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 cpyder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Angry Crap

It started hesitating. And I can smell abit of something in the AC when it first starts to run, it vanishes after a few moments. Also when I am at a steady pace it feels like the car is oscillating. Like its trying to go, but can't.

I figured I might as well change the plugs, ( I was right)... but its not just changing the plugs. There was oil on the plug itself, inside the chamber. I only took one plug off, I was afraid of what I would see if I got them all off. I still runs, just very crappily.

By the way, I only have 1000 miles left in the warranty.
So my visit tomorrow to the dealer should be interesting.

Was wondering if I am the only lucky one to get this present?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Are you saying there was black engine oil on the spark plug?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:13 AM   #3
2003WhiteZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9090
What I Drive: 2003 White ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 2003WhiteZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's what it sounds like. Hopefully Ford will honor the warranty. Hope you didn't do lots of mods on the engine yet.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:24 AM   #4
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
Probably not oil on the plug, unless your baby is smoking like a chimney. Probably running rich could be EGR, or PCV, timing, leaky injectors.... Lord only knows why. There are people who can diagnose a bevvy of engine whoa's from only the look and smell of a spark plug. I am of course not one of them.

If the dealer throws a shit-fit it could be a lot of fun. If they didn't fix it, I think in that last thousand miles my car would develop an aweful lot of strange, symptoms that occur when the sun and stars align correctly, and get free service.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #5
tension001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2278
What I Drive: 2001 Infra-Red 5sp ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tension001 Good Standing Member
i noticed my car oscilates in power when i run the A/C. Now, I have to go get a fuel pump replacment, because hard cornering on a low tank of gas about damn kills the motor. But when the A/C is on in my car, it feels like im punching the pedal and letting off sometimes. Its less severe than that but you get what im saying. Have you had any other problems that could relate it back to the fuel pump being a reason your car seems to ocscilate. I also recently changed the plugs in my car because it felt like it was missing. I didn't have any black plugs but i had some rough looking plugs. Changed them out, the idle is a little smoother but it still feels like its missing.

OBX 4-2-1 Race Header; Borla 2.5" SVT Catback; MAC Short Ram; FC 65mm TB; FC Race Shifter; Gear Concepts Aluminum Pedals; Painted Interior; SVT Front Bumper and grille
Old 07-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
ford should honor that warranty, just thorw a fit.
tension, im gonna tell you and im gonna make a thread to remind all 2000-01 owners to just take their cars for the fuel pump recall,,,,lol
Old 07-15-2004, 02:30 PM   #7
cpyder
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by focaltech
Are you saying there was black engine oil on the spark plug?
Yup thats what I am saying. On the one farthest from the cap.

I took it this morning and they are going to replace the radio head unit....(yes)..
But I had to leave it there so they can look at the plugs. I always go to the same guy. He says he will keep everything on the warranty. Yeah I do have it decently modded as it is. Headers, pullys, cams, exhaust, ram air. But they still honored the warranty when I went in for my Alternator. So I can only hope.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:42 PM   #8
cpyder
Focus Fanatic

Guy from for just called me, they will have the radio head unit tomorrow...

however, the mechanic hooked up their little computer thing and got no codes. So they will not remove the plug to look at it. ( dear god )

so now I am going to be stuck with this thing if I cannot prove to them that something is wrong with it.. without taking out a plug. And they willnot take them out unless they're going to replace them. I get out of work at 5, so I am going to head over there and see if I can get the guy to sit in the passanger seat while I drive it.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #9
scott77

Fan#:
why won't they take a sparkplug out and look at it? wtf

Old 07-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Quote:
Originally posted by cpyder
Guy from for just called me, they will have the radio head unit tomorrow...

however, the mechanic hooked up their little computer thing and got no codes. So they will not remove the plug to look at it. ( dear god )

so now I am going to be stuck with this thing if I cannot prove to them that something is wrong with it.. without taking out a plug. And they willnot take them out unless they're going to replace them. I get out of work at 5, so I am going to head over there and see if I can get the guy to sit in the passanger seat while I drive it.
You need to demand that they inspect the car. If they refuse, leave the car there and call ford corporate and complain like a beeyotch. Raise hell, kick in william clay ford jr's door if you have to.

Bookmarks & Social Networks