Focus Rally Project - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #51
kimbo305
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52390
What I Drive: '00 Zetec ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 kimbo305 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Site DSI View Post
well i was thinking of making it more of a semi-rally car cause its my daily driver i will most likey get another Focus then make it in to a really rally car it would be a bit easyer that way i think. cause then if i get another 08 like i want given the time it would take to build the 1st car the 2nd will have more parts available when i start looking
semi-rally? All you need to do rallycross or a hardcore TSD rally are some decent tires and maybe tape for your paint.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #52
mikebontoft
Aurelius Pardus

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

Points 23,515, Level 94
Points: 23,515, Level: 94 Points: 23,515, Level: 94 Points: 23,515, Level: 94
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
^^ screw the paint IMO lol.... and leave the dirt on there looks cooler that way.

hey that would be a pretty cool idea though in the end (you know what I mean.... I DID read through the whole damn thing lol) I'd suggest trying to find some type of WRC wing for the rear window though instead of the racing wing (pointless, you don't need to keep the back end down. lol)

I wonder how a focus sedan would do on the dirt though..... I was having this same discussion with a rally photojournalist from Scotland (knew McRae, if that means anything :() but he didn't think it would do all that great.... I dunno lol.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parted) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (racecar) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (daily).
ModeratingGeneral Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #53
kimbo305
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52390
What I Drive: '00 Zetec ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 kimbo305 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I wonder how a focus sedan would do on the dirt though..... I was having this same discussion with a rally photojournalist from Scotland (knew McRae, if that means anything :() but he didn't think it would do all that great.... I dunno lol.
It's going to rotate somewhat worse than an imaginary 08 hatch, but not so much that suspension setup couldn't overcome it. By way of comparison, I drove various Mk2 Golfs and Jettas at rally school, and the Golfs weren't consistently more nimble than the Jettas.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
Death Site DSI
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62763
What I Drive: 08 Focus SE, 2014 Honda CTX700ND

Points 1,501, Level 22
Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Death Site DSI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i updated the 1st post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #55
saleenkitted
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 70045
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 saleenkitted Good Standing Member
do away with the wing. what class would you plan on running if you do? and as for what they were all saying you do not NEED a hyd. parking brake. honestly e brake slows you down alot. if you plan on running production class u cant run a wing that isnt so many mm from oe specs. and like they are all saying start with roll cage n seats. For production class you dont NEED no 3 4 5000 coilovers get some good kyb struts with eibach springs or a decent coilover sleeve kit. and befor you all rag on me about telling him that plenty of the rally guys now adays do it. i have worked on rally america cars for the past 3 years. as for entry fees now your looking 800- 1500 depending on the event and if you pre register. all aside if you are SERIOUSLY planing on rallying DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BUILDING!!! you can buy a used rally car for pennys to the dollar compared to building your own new. also the problem of building over buying is you will almost for sure break for your first couple of events untill you have ALL the problems worked out. the guy i worked for this year is 12th OVERALL in the championship. And he still blew his motor this year BEFORE the 1st stage even started....(Long story and night dont ask...lol) So my honest opinion is look into the rule book ALOT more if you do build but you will be better off in the long run to just buy a built car. but again thats just my opinion.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #56
AL1222
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69384
What I Drive: 03 charcoal zx3

FF Reputation: 1 AL1222 Good Standing Member
good luck with your project
Old 11-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #57
Death Site DSI
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62763
What I Drive: 08 Focus SE, 2014 Honda CTX700ND

Points 1,501, Level 22
Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Death Site DSI Good Standing Member
thanks AL1222
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #58
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
I have to agree that's it's a HECK of a lot cheaper to buy a prepared rally car than building one. I built my rally car thinking I could do it cheaply. Lets just say it cost me many times more than I budgeted for. But that said, I knew that car intimately and could pull apart and replace everything rather quickly which is very important in any type of racing. A well sorted rally car that was built by someone reputable is priceless and will save a small fortune in the long run.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #59
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 27,644, Level 98
Points: 27,644, Level: 98 Points: 27,644, Level: 98 Points: 27,644, Level: 98
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
ya, i'm kinda in the same boat, i'm wishing i would have just bought one, i've put sooooo much into mine.

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #60
hamburglar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70864
What I Drive: 2002 Infra Red SVT (for sale)

FF Reputation: 1 hamburglar Good Standing Member
Are you planning on doing an AWD conversion?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.