Post 60ft times on the getrag w/LSD wo/LSD - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32374
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 ffwturbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^ lol... I did the same once. From that time forward I keep it in my glove compartment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 AM   #12
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
found the key, put on the radials, drove out to the track, cooled down, lined up, heated the tires, staged, GO!!!!!, snap...
snapped the bracket that bolts the transmission to the dogbone mount like it was made out of toothpicks. im 100% positive that it was good because i made sure to check it as well as the axles before i left the house. no worries tho because i brought the one i fabricated out of steel with me. it just took me 3 hours to find some1 who had a 13mm socket i could borrow. brought my tool kit with me and as always the only tool you need is the one that's gone missing.
anyway needless to say after i fixed it and reconnected the brake booster line that got yanked out also i parked the car and proceeded with some of this for the remainder of the night.
only pass of the day was a 12.5 with a 60ft of 2.3 ish. bad bad day.

on the bright side i got to see this car!!! found an old vid of it on the boobtube. old man i worked with built it. he put more tire on it. my god that crazy old man needs a wheelie bar now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #13
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

^^^ Damn, that sucks! Good thing you only broke the bracket and not any drive train components. Man I was hopping to get some numbers from you. Maybe next time. lol....BTW, what kind of kit you use? Direct Port? Single Nozzle wet?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

lol direct port? you kidding? to safely run a direct port on a basically stock engine this small i would have to use 10 shot jets! actually come to think of it that could work... why u gotta be giving me good/bad ideas?!?

right now the kit im using is a zex wet kit with all the extra bells and whistles. electronic WOT switch, remote bottle opener (doesnt work atm), bottle heater, electronic bottle pressure gauge (not hooked up...), msd rpm window switch (i wouldnt run nitrous without it), a/f kill switch by zex (kills the nitrous if it starts getting lean). 35 jet for juice and 50 shot jet for extra fuel. always good to go up an extra step on the fuel. it wont hurt you to run a bit rich but if it gets lean... big big kaboom. can never be too careful with the stuff. i havent had the a/f kill kick in yet, which is a good thing but if you have a decent WIDEBAND A/F ratio gauge your foot will work just as well. everything i listed that i have is a must for beginner nitrous users.

sorry for the speech but i feel obligated to fully inform people when it comes to nitrous usage because i wasnt when i first tested the waters with it and it cost me alot of green. if you dont know what you are doing and what your limits are the stuff WILL blow your car sky high.
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

^^^ I hear ya, I am the same way. I didnt realize how small of a shot you were running. I would think getting those numbers down would have been on a decent size shot. Im running 75 on a NOS kit with everything you have but the wide band. Thats comming. I was thinkng about going direct port and jump to a 100-125 shot dyno tuned. I just can find anyone that has done this without having to go aftermarket on the intake. The SVTF has the plastic intake and very little room to work with for nozzle placement. But Im going to buy an extra intake and bench build the plumbing.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #16
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

the time in my sig was run off a 100/100 shot lol. ran it 3 times like that before i yanked 3 bolts of out the transmission case from launching so hard. i have it set up for smaller shots for safety and money reasons right now. mostly money reasons. you could make a direct port kit yourself. just drill holes in each runner of the intake mani just like you would on the intake tube between the MAF and TB.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

Yeah, thats the plan. Im concernd about clearance of the nozzles from the fuel rail. I might have to place the nozzles on the rubber couplings that keep both pieces of the manifold together. Tom threw that idea out from other people that had done it. We will see.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

ah nice nice and you can get new couplings for dirt cheap too.
Quote:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

I just got with Tom and he said there are some type of part that is palced under the injector for N2O and fuel lines to hook up to. I think Ive seen these some time ago. Im going to look these up and see how they work. Its been a while.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

u mean fuel rail adapters? so you can pull extra fuel for a wet shot? yeah CFM has those.
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks