SFT meet - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #21
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 14,771, Level 78
Points: 14,771, Level: 78 Points: 14,771, Level: 78 Points: 14,771, Level: 78
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
dammit man. i went outside to crank my car just now and there is something royally effed up going on. turned the key, smelled electrical smoke, directly removed the key, dove into the back seat and yanked the terminals off the battery in the hatch. i dunno what caused it but until i find out what exactly happened and what burned up my fofo is grounded. doesnt look like im going anywhere today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #22
01_focus_zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56111
What I Drive: 01 cloud 9 white zx3

FF Reputation: 3 01_focus_zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
ur not the only one chase, my car was runnin good today untill it started sputtering and putin and cuttin off all the time, took me 2 hours to get to Cherryville from Iron station!!! its all EGR related and i cant figure out what it is! i've already replaced the EGR valve, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, idk probably a sensor, i took almost everything EGR related out and cleaned, the EGR tube was a biatch to get out
Old 06-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #23
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Points 14,771, Level 78
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
u want me to come by and take a peek at it this weekend or early this week? i got ur text but my phone company charges me a butt load for sending text. i wont promise that i can help you fix it or even figure out what exactly is wrong but by gosh ill take a shot at it.
figured out what happened to me too. the power wire going from under my hood to the battery in the hatch was run under the carpet. it had popped out and i pinched it with the seat when i moved it back after letting my mom borrow the car. now i have to use the extra behemoth power wire that i have. im still grounded until i either put the battery back under the hood or re-run the new power wire.
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #24
01_focus_zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
u want me to come by and take a peek at it this weekend or early this week? i got ur text but my phone company charges me a butt load for sending text. i wont promise that i can help you fix it or even figure out what exactly is wrong but by gosh ill take a shot at it.
figured out what happened to me too. the power wire going from under my hood to the battery in the hatch was run under the carpet. it had popped out and i pinched it with the seat when i moved it back after letting my mom borrow the car. now i have to use the extra behemoth power wire that i have. im still grounded until i either put the battery back under the hood or re-run the new power wire.
I live in Cherryville on 279 now, so let me kno, cuz it may be the dpfe sensor or the EGR position sensor which may be the same thing lol
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #25
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Points 14,771, Level 78
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
dude im gonna strait up tell you that i have never messed with either of those things but i think with a haynes repair manual in one hand and a cold bee... er uh dr pepper in the other we could probably get it figured out. u got a good set of tools?

cherryville isnt a long drive or anything so i dont mind coming down at all. and i seem to remember reading something about just taking all that EGR bullshit out and then Tom popping in and saying do it because its just something to go wrong. im gonna go to the old trusty search button and see what i can turn up.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
01_focus_zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
dude im gonna strait up tell you that i have never messed with either of those things but i think with a haynes repair manual in one hand and a cold bee... er uh dr pepper in the other we could probably get it figured out. u got a good set of tools?

cherryville isnt a long drive or anything so i dont mind coming down at all. and i seem to remember reading something about just taking all that EGR bullshit out and then Tom popping in and saying do it because its just something to go wrong. im gonna go to the old trusty search button and see what i can turn up.
Alright sounds good, i got all that egr stuff put back together and put some cleaner in the gas tank and drove 30 miles this morning and the cel came back on, so i'm gettin a p0401 code "insuffient flow" so it may be the dpfe sensor which is a egr pressure sensor. but it is driving way better than yesterday "knock on wood"
Old 06-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #27
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Points 14,771, Level 78
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
do you have a xcal for your car? if you dont you need to make plans to snag one in the near-distant future (before next inspection) because that EGR bull is getting yanked out and kept out if the car starts acting up again. the tune you get with the Xcal will turn off the p0401 code that you will get for not having egr. the EGR stuff is just smog control. it takes freakin hot air from the header and basically pumps it back to the intake. you might even pick up some power from doing this. lemmie know if you end up needing help.
Quote:
Old 06-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #28
01_focus_zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
do you have a xcal for your car? if you dont you need to make plans to snag one in the near-distant future (before next inspection) because that EGR bull is getting yanked out and kept out if the car starts acting up again. the tune you get with the Xcal will turn off the p0401 code that you will get for not having egr. the EGR stuff is just smog control. it takes freakin hot air from the header and basically pumps it back to the intake. you might even pick up some power from doing this. lemmie know if you end up needing help.
Yesterday i bought a egr position silinoid and it didn't work, then bought a dpfe sensor and didn't work, returned them both, now they say catalytic converter is stoped up, i don't kno if it is, i took it off today and sprayed it out with cleaner and went out the the other end pretty quick. don't kno what to do, this is pissin me off cuz i need my car and don't have $300 for a new cat
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Points 14,771, Level 78
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
well what you need to do is decat that SOB and get a tune to turn off the rear o2 sensor so it doesnt throw a code and you can still get it inspected. is some mechanic telling you its the cat or did you get another CEL and it came up that you had cat problems. because if you have good flow thru it and you cant hear any peices rattling in there and you are sure that the whole brick is still in there then you dont need a new cat. it could just be a bad o2 sensor. what would be a good day for me to come down there? i still have my old stock cat, i have 1 extra o2 sensor, as well as some other things that might be useful. i can even get a buddy of mine to make a peice of pipe to go in the place of the cat for a couple bucks. what would you like to do? is the car still running kinda on the crappy side? and do u have a xcal?
Quote:
Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #30
01_focus_zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
well what you need to do is decat that SOB and get a tune to turn off the rear o2 sensor so it doesnt throw a code and you can still get it inspected. is some mechanic telling you its the cat or did you get another CEL and it came up that you had cat problems. because if you have good flow thru it and you cant hear any peices rattling in there and you are sure that the whole brick is still in there then you dont need a new cat. it could just be a bad o2 sensor. what would be a good day for me to come down there? i still have my old stock cat, i have 1 extra o2 sensor, as well as some other things that might be useful. i can even get a buddy of mine to make a peice of pipe to go in the place of the cat for a couple bucks. what would you like to do? is the car still running kinda on the crappy side? and do u have a xcal?
can u come by in the morning or after noon? that would be great if u brought those parts, but i don't have a torch to heat up the o2 sensor to get them out

EDIT: i don't have an xcal, just come by with thos parts, and yes it's still running crappy

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.