How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #41
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i do have the HIDs, i have some pics of them but they arent very good so ill have a photo shoot soon. i haven't been able to get HIDs to work with the high beam yet. there is some kind of mechanism that moves it to make it look like a high beam but i havent hooked it up yet.

the cutoff is pronounced, like any would be on a projector. the projector isn't tsx quality, but it is much better than other ebay kits ive seen, thats for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #42
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66631
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member

Sorry, I havent had a chance to take a picture of the cutoff for both lights on a nice wall/building. the light output with HID's as you can see is very bright.
my reason for getting these projectors was so that I could put in HID's without BLINDING everyone.

Arasky - is that the highbeam mechanism you were talking about?

Last edited by LTL0540; 09-08-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: link fixing
Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #43
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

yep that is exactly what im talking about. if you can see the cutoff is still there on the left side, but it flips it up in the middle. your car looks black in the first pic!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #44
Motor City Madman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 67832
What I Drive: 2009 silver SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Motor City Madman Good Standing Member
Thanks for the pics, LTL0540.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #45
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

LTL0540, i remember you had problems before since you have the DRL's. If it was kinda complicated to wire the relay maybe you should post in the thread about it or send it to me and ill add it to the original post.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58598
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL0540 View Post

Sorry, I havent had a chance to take a picture of the cutoff for both lights on a nice wall/building. the light output with HID's as you can see is very bright.
my reason for getting these projectors was so that I could put in HID's without BLINDING everyone.

Arasky - is that the highbeam mechanism you were talking about?
nice those are looking pretty sweet
Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #47
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
yep that is exactly what im talking about. if you can see the cutoff is still there on the left side, but it flips it up in the middle. your car looks black in the first pic!
yup, i guess they keep the cutoff there so you wont blind oncoming traffic even with highbeams? i dont know LOL; as for my car looking black, i think it was the lighting of the pic, and i messed around with the colour saturation (its still vista blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Madman View Post
Thanks for the pics, LTL0540.
no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
nice those are looking pretty sweet
thanks
Quote:
LTL0540, i remember you had problems before since you have the DRL's. If it was kinda complicated to wire the relay maybe you should post in the thread about it or send it to me and ill add it to the original post.
its was just pretty much:
battery --> relay harness w/ built-in capacitor --> projector harness --> then attach the bulbs' wires to the ballasts, and then finally to the HID bulbs.
just the usual, with an extra harness/capacitor combo which solved my problems

at the moment im trying to figure out how im gonna wire in fogs (no stock harness). I bought ones that had halos and am planning to tap my sidemarkers :P thus i'll have quad halos.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #48
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL0540 View Post
its was just pretty much:
battery --> relay harness w/ built-in capacitor --> projector harness --> then attach the bulbs' wires to the ballasts, and then finally to the HID bulbs.
just the usual, with an extra harness/capacitor combo which solved my problems

at the moment im trying to figure out how im gonna wire in fogs (no stock harness). I bought ones that had halos and am planning to tap my sidemarkers :P thus i'll have quad halos.
oh ok, i havent had to use relays for anything but i thought it was more complicated than that. as for the halos, you mean you found some aftermarket ones like that? i havent seen anything like that yet. i know foucs09nyman made his own. not my taste but thats pretty sweet. are you sure your car isnt wired for them already? sometimes ford does it that way just to keep everything the same. if not just wire them to the battery with your own switch.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #49
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
oh ok, i havent had to use relays for anything but i thought it was more complicated than that. as for the halos, you mean you found some aftermarket ones like that? i havent seen anything like that yet. i know foucs09nyman made his own. not my taste but thats pretty sweet. are you sure your car isnt wired for them already? sometimes ford does it that way just to keep everything the same. if not just wire them to the battery with your own switch.
The relays + capacitor is the solution for HID's.
I had a few more issues because of:
1) faulty ballast
2) loose bulb wiring (the plugs arent that well-insulated on the projector, so i ended up having to quick-disconnect one of the connections) --> no pics unfortunately

as for the halo fog lights --> eBay there was an option to have them plain or add halos (under the glass); supposedly, the switch they provide lets you switch between powering the halos, or the bulbs (one at a time only, so no akwardness)? i just realized actually, since the halo is under the glass and closer to the halogen bulb, i hope it doesnt get WAY too hot.
I"ll be getting them soon, and i'll post pics once i have them in/struggle getting them in.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #50
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

if the halo are the CCFL's like our in our projectors, they give off virtually no heat. they are called Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.