How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #41
arasky
Focus Enthusiast
 
arasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 54776
Location: -, United States
What I Drive: -

Posts: 484
FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i do have the HIDs, i have some pics of them but they arent very good so ill have a photo shoot soon. i haven't been able to get HIDs to work with the high beam yet. there is some kind of mechanism that moves it to make it look like a high beam but i havent hooked it up yet.

the cutoff is pronounced, like any would be on a projector. the projector isn't tsx quality, but it is much better than other ebay kits ive seen, thats for sure.
arasky is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #42
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast
 
LTL0540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 66631
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)




Sorry, I havent had a chance to take a picture of the cutoff for both lights on a nice wall/building. the light output with HID's as you can see is very bright.
my reason for getting these projectors was so that I could put in HID's without BLINDING everyone.

Arasky - is that the highbeam mechanism you were talking about?
__________________
Silly ricer, Wings are for planes!

Last edited by LTL0540; 09-08-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: link fixing
LTL0540 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #43
arasky
Focus Enthusiast
 
arasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 54776
Location: -, United States
What I Drive: -

Posts: 484
FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yep that is exactly what im talking about. if you can see the cutoff is still there on the left side, but it flips it up in the middle. your car looks black in the first pic!
arasky is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #44
Motor City Madman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Motor City Madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 67832
Location: Motor City, MI
What I Drive: 2009 silver SE Coupe

Posts: 55
FF Reputation: 1 Motor City Madman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the pics, LTL0540.
Motor City Madman is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #45
arasky
Focus Enthusiast
 
arasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 54776
Location: -, United States
What I Drive: -

Posts: 484
FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LTL0540, i remember you had problems before since you have the DRL's. If it was kinda complicated to wire the relay maybe you should post in the thread about it or send it to me and ill add it to the original post.
arasky is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58598
Location: Maryland
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 115
FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL0540 View Post




Sorry, I havent had a chance to take a picture of the cutoff for both lights on a nice wall/building. the light output with HID's as you can see is very bright.
my reason for getting these projectors was so that I could put in HID's without BLINDING everyone.

Arasky - is that the highbeam mechanism you were talking about?
nice those are looking pretty sweet
m3grady2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #47
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast
 
LTL0540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 66631
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
yep that is exactly what im talking about. if you can see the cutoff is still there on the left side, but it flips it up in the middle. your car looks black in the first pic!
yup, i guess they keep the cutoff there so you wont blind oncoming traffic even with highbeams? i dont know LOL; as for my car looking black, i think it was the lighting of the pic, and i messed around with the colour saturation (its still vista blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Madman View Post
Thanks for the pics, LTL0540.
no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
nice those are looking pretty sweet
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
LTL0540, i remember you had problems before since you have the DRL's. If it was kinda complicated to wire the relay maybe you should post in the thread about it or send it to me and ill add it to the original post.
its was just pretty much:
battery --> relay harness w/ built-in capacitor --> projector harness --> then attach the bulbs' wires to the ballasts, and then finally to the HID bulbs.
just the usual, with an extra harness/capacitor combo which solved my problems

at the moment im trying to figure out how im gonna wire in fogs (no stock harness). I bought ones that had halos and am planning to tap my sidemarkers :P thus i'll have quad halos.
__________________
Silly ricer, Wings are for planes!
LTL0540 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #48
arasky
Focus Enthusiast
 
arasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 54776
Location: -, United States
What I Drive: -

Posts: 484
FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL0540 View Post
its was just pretty much:
battery --> relay harness w/ built-in capacitor --> projector harness --> then attach the bulbs' wires to the ballasts, and then finally to the HID bulbs.
just the usual, with an extra harness/capacitor combo which solved my problems

at the moment im trying to figure out how im gonna wire in fogs (no stock harness). I bought ones that had halos and am planning to tap my sidemarkers :P thus i'll have quad halos.
oh ok, i havent had to use relays for anything but i thought it was more complicated than that. as for the halos, you mean you found some aftermarket ones like that? i havent seen anything like that yet. i know foucs09nyman made his own. not my taste but thats pretty sweet. are you sure your car isnt wired for them already? sometimes ford does it that way just to keep everything the same. if not just wire them to the battery with your own switch.
arasky is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #49
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast
 
LTL0540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 66631
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
oh ok, i havent had to use relays for anything but i thought it was more complicated than that. as for the halos, you mean you found some aftermarket ones like that? i havent seen anything like that yet. i know foucs09nyman made his own. not my taste but thats pretty sweet. are you sure your car isnt wired for them already? sometimes ford does it that way just to keep everything the same. if not just wire them to the battery with your own switch.
The relays + capacitor is the solution for HID's.
I had a few more issues because of:
1) faulty ballast
2) loose bulb wiring (the plugs arent that well-insulated on the projector, so i ended up having to quick-disconnect one of the connections) --> no pics unfortunately

as for the halo fog lights --> eBay there was an option to have them plain or add halos (under the glass); supposedly, the switch they provide lets you switch between powering the halos, or the bulbs (one at a time only, so no akwardness)? i just realized actually, since the halo is under the glass and closer to the halogen bulb, i hope it doesnt get WAY too hot.
I"ll be getting them soon, and i'll post pics once i have them in/struggle getting them in.
__________________
Silly ricer, Wings are for planes!
LTL0540 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #50
arasky
Focus Enthusiast
 
arasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Fan#: 54776
Location: -, United States
What I Drive: -

Posts: 484
FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
if the halo are the CCFL's like our in our projectors, they give off virtually no heat. they are called Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps lol.
arasky is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q type rear bumper + FREE halo projectors lamps toeycrack Archive 10 08-04-2007 05:12 AM
Halo Projectors for Sale - Awesome Condition SVTFRobexe Archive 10 11-17-2006 11:55 AM
Washed, waxed, and cataracts (Halo Projectors) removed! 56k, tread carefully T-V Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom 13 09-11-2006 12:24 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat