2008 Halo Projector Headlights Install - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #71
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58598
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGFireHazard View Post
No offense, but I was asking the purchaser who has seen the results in person. He said, "right now output is not very good i can tell you that, cut off is a lot better than stock."

That's why I asked about the light output. I would imagine the cut-off to be significantly better directly because of them being projectors. Halogen designed headlights aren't designed to cut off like projectors are.

Until you see the units yourself or work for the company that creates them, you can only speculate, and again no offense, but speculation doesn't answer my question.

I probably sound like an ass, that isn't what I'm going for, I would just prefer an explanation from the guy who owns them.
sorry, didn't see your post. the output appears weak to me, but then again I'm biased because I've gotten use to riding around with hid's. so I'll try to get some output pictures tomorrow that way you can see for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #72
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
i was just giving you the same response he gave me in a pm a week ago.

m3grady2 did you buy the hids yet? i'm still waiting to hear back from stagtune to see if they have the bi xenon ones..
No not yet, yea lemme know what you here from stagtune. The kit i have is now is the xtreme hid from xenon depot, so i was just gonna order the h9 bulb from them. i don't think they're dual hi/lo beams. i still don't see how the hi beams work with the lights now lol
Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #73
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: 08 Vista Blue SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
No not yet, yea lemme know what you here from stagtune. The kit i have is now is the xtreme hid from xenon depot, so i was just gonna order the h9 bulb from them. i don't think they're dual hi/lo beams. i still don't see how the hi beams work with the lights now lol
im gonna take a look at the bulb when the lights come in this week and ill compare it to my h9 bulb i already have. do you know how much xenon depot charges?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #74
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
im gonna take a look at the bulb when the lights come in this week and ill compare it to my h9 bulb i already have. do you know how much xenon depot charges?
cool. if you need the whole kit they have the 6000k volt kit for 119.99. and the xtreme hid for 199.99. but i just need the bulbs and they're 44 a piece for the xtreme hid kit.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #75
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

im prob going with stagtune, you cant beat 100 dollars with lifetime warranty, a lot of guys on here rave about them too. i didnt get a message today with the tracking number saying the lights were shipped and my account hasnt been charged yet so idk if im going to get them before the weekend. do you have pics of where you mounted the ballast at? again, not my area of expertise, but the hids are a fairly simple install right?

EDIT: forgot my account is on my other email, scheduled delivery isnt until june 1st unfortunately.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #76
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
im prob going with stagtune, you cant beat 100 dollars with lifetime warranty, a lot of guys on here rave about them too. i didnt get a message today with the tracking number saying the lights were shipped and my account hasnt been charged yet so idk if im going to get them before the weekend. do you have pics of where you mounted the ballast at? again, not my area of expertise, but the hids are a fairly simple install right?

EDIT: forgot my account is on my other email, scheduled delivery isnt until june 1st unfortunately.
i didn't install the hid's myself. i ordered them and had them installed by a shop that deals with alot of custom stuff. they mounted the ballasts under the headlights. and they grounded it to a screw they mounted behind the grill. if you look on the first page with pics, where I have the lights out you can see where they mounted them. the ballasts are black and blue/green in color.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #77
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

how much did they charge to install?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #78
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
how much did they charge to install?
they charged me 85, i don't know if thats good or not lol
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #79
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

85? ill figure it out myself for that price lol
Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #80
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

you do NOT need to cut any red tabs, no splicing, no tools what so ever are needed in order to install this. i will post a VERY EASY how to when i am finished installing these.

Bookmarks & Social Networks