2008 Halo Projector Headlights Install - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #41
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58598
What I Drive: 2008, silver, Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 m3grady2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Let me know if you're still having trouble tomorrow. Maybe we can work this out long distance.
yea i'm still having trouble... i know i did everything right this time and still nothing, i've pretty much given up on these things.. i'ma try one more time and see if the tap is gettting any power to the halo/leds. but i think i'm just gonna take it to a shop and see if they can get the angel eye/leds working.. i'm getting hid's for this h9. which one should i go with. i had 65k on the stock, i was thinking about keeping that or going with a 50k or 43k. which would be best? i'll have pics of the cut off and output tonite, as i have some night traveling to do
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #42
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with those. Wish I were closer and could get my hands on them.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #43
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
yea i'm still having trouble... i know i did everything right this time and still nothing, i've pretty much given up on these things.. i'ma try one more time and see if the tap is gettting any power to the halo/leds. but i think i'm just gonna take it to a shop and see if they can get the angel eye/leds working.. i'm getting hid's for this h9. which one should i go with. i had 65k on the stock, i was thinking about keeping that or going with a 50k or 43k. which would be best? i'll have pics of the cut off and output tonite, as i have some night traveling to do
id say 6k, im probably gonna go with 8k though, i loved the blue tint on my nokyas but they just werent as bright as the silverstars. i wish i could help ya with the wiring, i wouldnt even know what shop to take them to
Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
evanjfrancis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58870
What I Drive: 2001 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 evanjfrancis Great Standing Member
wow, i didn't know these were available yet. they look freaking incredible!! very jealous of your beautiful ride =)
Old 05-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #45
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

update

ok halo's do work. i hooked them up to the battery to test them out. i still can't tap into the parking lights to get them to light up that way. maybe the quick taps i have are garbage, i'ma try and get some smaller ones perhaps 10-12 gauge quick taps would be better. or is there anyother way to tap into the harness without them?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #46
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
yesss. how come the leds arent on too? arent the halos and leds part of the same wire? if you get a chance to see the halo during the night let us know how bright it is.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #47
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

yes they all work... will have pics up later tonite. my back is killing me too lol working on these all afternoon
Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #48
foucs09nyman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64171
What I Drive: 2009,vapor silver,SEL sedan

FF Reputation: 1 foucs09nyman Good Standing Member
yeah imma wait for more to come out its no rush to go through all that besides i like blue for halos
PLEASE DONT COPY {THE DEMON OF THE EAST} aka the LED MASTER and the first multicolored halo foglights. SEDAN REVO #169
Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #49
m3grady2
Focus Enthusiast

Halo's Led's working finally

ok finally got them working.

Turn signal Bulb, looks to be the same as stock.

H9 headlight bulb, for hi and low beams.

Tapped Parking signal for halo's.. thanks to all that helped and offered advice with this.

for the parking lights, white/purple wire was power, and wire with black stripe was ground.

ok took alot of hours. but i say it was definitely worth it. Next update will be of output and cutoff, right now output is not very good i can tell you that, cut off is alot better than stock. .

i'll try and get some better one's for you guys also.

Allright there you have.. Next time we'll add Hid's h9's and see how those looks asap.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #50
slowduratec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59069
What I Drive: 2006 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 slowduratec Great Standing Member
How do your brights work? Arent h9 bulbs single filament
Team Duratec #236

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.