Stock Continental Tires - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9059
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DrunkenMountie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stock Continental Tires

Does anyone know how much they will cost to replace? I will most likely have to do so next summer, and I'm just looking for a ballpark of what kind of money I'll need. I'm hoping to be able to replace the tires with more of the same, as I enjoy the overall ride I get with them.

#2082 of 4788

35% Tint
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Painted Calipers (upcoming)

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Jessica had to replace one of hers... got it for cost at about $102 and i think they retail at about $120

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 07-21-2004, 11:27 PM   #3
alyosha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 10580
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 alyosha Good Standing Member
Are you sure you really want the stock ones? They are not that good. But you can get them at www.tirerack.com for about $126, they deliver by UPS to you or the shop of yoru choice. Occasionally they have a sale,so keep a watch. You need Conti Sport Contact, you can chose from several speed ratings Z or W, either one is ridiculously high. If you use car for daily driver I'd get Conti Extreme Contact for around $30 cheaper, and much better wet and winter driving.
I also noticed that I get much better stability if I overinflate tires a little - 32-35psi. I dont know if this is a good thing to do.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #4
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

Well, I have seperate tires for the Michigan winters, so I'm looking for something that's more for spring/summer/early fall driving. I like the stock tires, they are good for the kind of driving I need them for.

What do the Z and W ratings mean?
#2082 of 4788

35% Tint

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #5
alyosha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 10580
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 alyosha Good Standing Member
P - 93 MPH
Q - 99 MPH
S - 112 MPH
T - 118 MPH
U - 124 MPH
H - 130 MPH
V - 149 MPH
W - 168 MPH
Y - 186 MPH
Z - 149+ MPH
So anything above H seems like a waste of money :) I am speaking for myself of cause.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #6
rayrevolver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1895
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rayrevolver Good Standing Member
I have run my tires at 40psi front/rear from the get go, no worries. 16K miles and still a lot of tread left, and its been on the track for some mild lapping and I do try to keep corner speed up on regular drives.

The tires are OK, they wear well for 280 treadwear rated tires. But they don't make them anymore, I heard. They new tires are the ContiSportContact 2's right?

You can get Essenzas on Ebay for $250 a set! They are made by goodyear, and unless you are racing, why is there a need to spend more? Just a thought...
Old 07-22-2004, 01:06 AM   #7
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Like rayrevolver said, I have heard that they are no longer producing the exact type of tire that the car came with, but now have an improved version. My Ford dealer wanted to charge me $232 per tire for the Conti's, which I knew was ridiculous. As it turns out I decided to upgrade and went with Goodyear Eagle F1's for the front and have the stock Conti's on the back until they wear out. The Goodyears are very nice tires, so far I'm happy with them, but they were about $170 a piece for Z-rated tires.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:28 AM   #8
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, I was thinking about Eagle F1's, they are great tires, but like you said very expensive. Thats why I'll probably stick with whatever Continental's replacement for these tires is, cause I don't want to spend an extra $200 on tires. I'm gonna keep my eye out for F1's on sale or something, but probably wont have any luck.

I do occasionally Autocross, mostly when my friend from Chicago is around, so my summer driving tires need to be able to have some higher performance to them.
#2082 of 4788

35% Tint

Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #9
al1en
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9949
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 al1en Good Standing Member
I was looking on Tire Rack the other day and was eyeing up some Yokohamas that rated higher across the board on dry grip, wet grip, hydroplaning, tread wear, road noise etc and were only $100 a piece for Ultra Performance summer tires. I know what I'll be installing when the time comes.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #10
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
For those of you who have raced your SVTF on the track, how much tread wear do you get from one day of racing?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.