June Meet - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
xFordx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52860
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Red Toreador ZX4

FF Reputation: 3 xFordx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Well so far it looks like most of us agree with meeting at Concord Mills around the evening to play some pool. Anyone want to suggest a time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well you guys sound like you have a decent plan started, I'll just throw in my $.02 worth:

I understand some of you guys want a big turnout, but understand that not every meet has to be a big one. Big meets are a little hard to plan and require a good bit of work from the planners and participants. The longer you have to plan, the better off you are at having a big meet.

Just for the record, the meet at Tom's originally started as a small local meet. We were thinking of meeting at Mr. K's, grabbing a bite to eat and just hanging out. I know things came together to make it a bigger meet, and that's cool. I'm glad it turned out to be a good time for all. However, since the main goal of starting the meets last year was to build local core group support, having small, regular group meets is the best way to achieve that. Sometimes people fall between the cracks when we make things large. I know I haven't seen some of you guys for quite a while and with money being tight, I can't really afford to do much more than grab a bite to eat with you guys and hang out.

Personally, I'd be fine with just meeting up at Concord Mills, having lunch at Macado's, and hanging out until whenever. If we leave it a little open on the end, then no one feels bad if they have to leave and those that want to cruise, shoot pool, or whatever can organize that when we all meet up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #23
briandg510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3966
What I Drive: 2001 Fort Knox Gold ZTS

FF Reputation: 118 briandg510 Excellent Standing Memberbriandg510 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFordx View Post
Yeah, we can't actually get pulled over for driving around as long as we aren't speeding or anything. I know we all like to speed when we go cruisin, but it's not the best idea around the Concord Mills area. Plus even if we do get pulled over what are we going to get in trouble for? (Plus if it does happen since I'll be the only one with a sedan I'll just be like, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, i dont know them) hehe.
I maybe able to join you guys this time. But for now it is still up in the air. If I do make it to the meet you would not be the only sedan there.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Maybe meet around 1-2, chill, drive... shoot some pool in the later evening. Sounds like fun to me!

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 05-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #25
xFordx
Focus Addict

I agree with Brent. I'm more convinced that this won't turn out to be a big meet since it is coming up on short notice. How does this sound:

-Meet up at Concord Mills at 6PM
-Grab something to eat
-Play pool
-Go Cruisin

I figured maybe we can eat first that way we are not rushed while playing pool because we get hungry or something, plus after we play pool those that need to leave for what ever reason can do so while the rest of us go cruisin...

Oh and briandg510, glad to hear I won't be alone with my 4 doors hehe.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

I wont be able to come if its around six. Its a 1 1/2 hour drive for me and need to try to get back home around 8 at the latest. Anyways, if I cant go i'm sure we can set something up again soon.

Hi
Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #27
xFordx
Focus Addict

Well I'm pretty much down for doing it at any time, I have the entire Saturday to spend time doing anything so the time doesn't really matter to me, I thought I'd throw in a time so we can get suggestions on it, we can start it earlier for those that want to hang out earlier.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #28
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

well if everyone wants to do it late, don't change cause of me. I wish I could come late I would preffer that but I promised a friend I would go to her grad. party.

Hi
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
BlueFocusSVT04
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53327
What I Drive: 2004, Blue, SVTFSc

FF Reputation: 5 BlueFocusSVT04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Let's do lunch as it is cheaper than dinner, budgets are tight everywhere right now. I can make it if we meet at 12 pm. Have some lunch and go from there. Maybe shoot pool or whatever.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #30
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

yeah, i think if we had more time we could set up a night meet, but since this is short notice i'm thinking we meet around lunch and chill, and those who are able to stay into the nightlife are more than welcome to. That way everyone who wants to participate can. Like I said, if I didnt already have plans for sat. evening I would love to do it at night...

Hi

Bookmarks & Social Networks