Launch - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
this isent even a matter of which car is "faster" it all comes down to driver when your dealing with these under powered 4 bangers with close to the same power and weight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #22
EGsvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63366
What I Drive: 2003 black svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 EGsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Its possible for him to hang with them.Djblackout I raced the four door and spanked on him by two cars, we raced again and he only took it to the 1/8 mile and then put on his lights to say that he won. Hes rite about the new si's being heavy they are very heavy. Now were you racing him on the freeway or on the 1/4 mile. Because I ran one on the freeway he pulled on me but his govoner turned on and I kept on going, if you notice when we shift on the getrag trani form 2ed to 3ed and 3ed to 4th and so on it dosent seem to drop that much, I think thats because when they built the svtf's they put the mini cooper s trani in it rite, and the mini cooper s is S/C witch dosent a S/C run better in high gears, quote me if Im wrong but I think it does thats why Im just going to go S/C and call it a day.
SoCal Crew#77
Old 05-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #23
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^your using your tranny for the wrong things....take it to the canyons and you will love the gearing....its so perfect...every gear is layed out perfectly for aggressive canyon driving...well atleast mine works great for me.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
yeppers, the focus isnt really a drag car, its a road racer. stock suspension in my SVT while i had it i went to a road racing event in the mountains probably 3 years ago now and finished 12th out of a feild of 55. 10 cars ahead of me were AWD and first place was a full on 100 grand rx-7 built to the gills that could probably run a 10 second 1/4 mile and still pull 2 lateral G's around a curve but im not bitter about it... 13.5 mile course 5 laps with a 2 mile strait stretch and the rest were ass kissing curves. God i wanna do that again but its just too damn expensive. $300 for 1 day.

WOO 1000 POSTS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
ab0ybrush3dr3d
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60222
What I Drive: 2001 Metallic Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 2 ab0ybrush3dr3d Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
with my tires i can barley launch at 2 grand, hahah

Bookmarks & Social Networks