Thinking of selling my focus... for a new focus... or a complete overhaul on my current one... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Eavangel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58159
What I Drive: 2006 Zx4 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Eavangel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thinking of selling my focus... for a new focus... or a complete overhaul on my current one...

Hello Everyone,
So i was wondering if you guys think i should go for this or not.

I have a 06 Focus SE Zx4 that is the ugly champagne tanish color and the beige bright interior and it's automatic. Only 28.5k miles, only mods that have been done isthe shorty antenna, debadged, and a aftermarket bluetooth double din Premier headunit (love this thing). Kelly blue book has me rated for $9k for private seller and $7k for trade-in.. (but i don't think the dealers will like that i cut my antenna and debadged my care).

Anyways, so i hate that it has an ugly color and ugly interior, and i don't like that it's an automatic so i thought...

A) i could paint my interior. I wanted to do a high gloss black for some trim to match my headunit and a dark grey to the bulk of the dash. And then later get the car painted cause i have a friend he does professional painting. He said i could get it done pretty cheap.
- Thing is... it's still an automatic but... i don't want to make my car ghetto or anything withthese paint jobs...

B) i could sell or trade in my car and pick up a 08 or 09 focus. I would love to have the SES trim but i can deal with a S trim. Then i can get a manual and the colors i want. Overall i like the look of the 08 and 09 coupes a lot.
I have seen some pretty affordable ones around 11k to 13k with low mileage (under 20k) in those trims.

If i decide to keep the car, i'm going to put in a CAI and a new suspension with a stressbar and probably exhaust and new header... still an automatic though.

I don't like the idea of swapping out the auto tranny for a manual... heard it's a lot of work on an 06...

Anyways, let me know what you think. I can post some pics later.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
C) wait until next year: buy a fiesta.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
One question, do you owe anything on the car? Going upside down on a loan is not a good thing. This time next year we might start seeing 2011 prices for the new global focus, just some food for thought :-D
Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
FocusinGER
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55355
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 w/2.3 5 spd

FF Reputation: 2 FocusinGER Good Standing Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed03 View Post
One question, do you owe anything on the car? Going upside down on a loan is not a good thing. This time next year we might start seeing 2011 prices for the new global focus, just some food for thought :-D
I absolutely agree! If you do pay it off as soon as you can and sell it! Color:not good Interior: Bad Auto: Terrible...
Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Eavangel
Focus Rookie

It's completely paid for. So what i think you're saying is to sell it ASAP? or to wait a year?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

Points 12,523, Level 73
Points: 12,523, Level: 73 Points: 12,523, Level: 73 Points: 12,523, Level: 73
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
well, if I were you, I'd wait for the new 2011 one or the Fiesta
or what ever new stuff they're coming out with.

You COULD sell it now and just buy a used car, anything just so you can play around with it for a year and just sell that after.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Eavangel
Focus Rookie

I might wait for the Fiesta... that's slotted for 2010 right? the 2011 Focus looks pretty sweet (if i did in fact see pics of it).

Well i have a dealer appointment tomorrow to have a look around... my mom has a friend at the dealer that might be able to find something sweet.

If not, do you think i would have trouble selling my car later if i did these mods?:
CAI, Lowered suspension, new headers, in exhaust. I think that is all the engine work i would want to do... is it sad to do those kind of mods for an auto?
Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Why would you do those mods if you plan on selling it in a year? Save that money for a down payment! It will reduce (not by much) your monthly payment and keep interest lower.

If I hadn't lost BigRed in an accident, I would have a size-able amount of savings for a DP on new car or house.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Eavangel
Focus Rookie

i think if i do the mods i would enjoy it more and hold onto it. I already got the house part taken care of and the college... just want a sweet or enjoyable ride. I see your logic though and thanks for your input.

How long do foci usually last? i'm at 28.5k and great on upkeep... last care was a '94 civic and the engine and tranny went out after 195k... has a new 40k engine in it but it got in an accident. Haven't driven it since but it works.

Maybe i'll mod this one and just run it into the ground over the next 4 years or so, then pick up something really nice =]

I think it all depends on what i learn from the dealer tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

Points 15,100, Level 79
Points: 15,100, Level: 79 Points: 15,100, Level: 79 Points: 15,100, Level: 79
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavangel View Post
i think if i do the mods i would enjoy it more and hold onto it. I already got the house part taken care of and the college... just want a sweet or enjoyable ride. I see your logic though and thanks for your input.

How long do foci usually last? i'm at 28.5k and great on upkeep... last care was a '94 civic and the engine and tranny went out after 195k... has a new 40k engine in it but it got in an accident. Haven't driven it since but it works.

Maybe i'll mod this one and just run it into the ground over the next 4 years or so, then pick up something really nice =]

I think it all depends on what i learn from the dealer tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your input.
That's what I'm doing with mine. It's paid for and I'm running it into the ground as we speak! well, hopefully not yet. But hey, if you are gonna ever replace it please either buy the new focus in '11 or buy the new mazda 3... okay???

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
automatic , manual , paint , sell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.