SVTF: to buy now, or to wait a few years? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
SVTF'nGR8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10592
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF/EAP Screaming yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF'nGR8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question SVTF: to buy now, or to wait a few years?

He folks, sorry for the lame post, but I'm looking for some opinions/thoughts here.
What do you suppose the chances are that Ford might be so good as to bring us a Turbo'd SVTF in '06?
I am afraid to hold my breath on this one, with my luck they wont bring any SVTF back.
The reason I ask is that I am very eager to buy this black Beaut. '04 SVTF ZX3 EAP in town here. With the rebates and discounts I have this dealer down to 18,000. even. ($22,615. is the sticker)
So my question again, will good (better) things come to he who waits?
Or are good things gone for those who are late?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #2
turbocro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3688
What I Drive: 2k2 vw gti

FF Reputation: 1 turbocro Good Standing Member
you should be able to find a used 03 w/less than 10k miles for around 14ish - anytime you get a car brand new 1st year depreciation will be the highest

that being said - a car is never a sound financial investment
Old 07-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
smile....

I don't want this thread to start again. Here's what has been said lately on this subject: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...highlight=2006

The consensus seems to be that a 2006 SVTF has about as good a chance as the Browns winning the superbowl this year...I'd say jump on the '04, but...perchance to dream?

anyways, if you have enough dough to throw down for a AWD turbo focus if they brought one out, I'm sure you'd be able to sell off the 04 when the time came and swap out

;)
Old 07-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
revamp
Cashed in my chips

PS--if you go with the '04, here's some quick tips:

1. Just say 'NO' to GAP insurance--you can get it for $300 by shopping around online and the dealer usually charges twice that

2. Just say 'NO' to Perma-Plate (or whatever they call their paint/interior protectant) Anything you buy from the dealer can be purchased for HUNDREDS less aftermarket, and chances are what they are selling you isn't worth anything, anyways (i know this from personal experience)

3. Make sure you get a copy of the invoice. You should only be paying a couple hundred above dealer cost if you are getting the best deal.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Haha, I don't want to get into it again either. I'll just say this - 94PGT, if the current SVT is tempting to you, jump on it. There might be a better model a couple years from now, or there might not, but there is a new SVT at that dealer with your name on it right now! Better to buy a new one now than wait a couple years and find that there will not be a faster new one, and by that time if you're STILL interested in an SVT your only choice is buying a several year old car with the mileage piled onto it...

I mean, look at it this way: it's not unlike computers, there is ALWAYS a faster, better model around the corner. If you kept waiting because you expected there was a newer, better model coming soon, you'd never get a computer! It's just that with the SVT the certainty of that newer better model is not so certain.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
coleslaststand
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Everything I have read states that Ford is not going to produce a better all-around Focus for the foreseeable future, at least not in the US market ... there's talk of a supercharged ST, etc ... but its just talk and you would still have to have sink a few grand into it to match the SVT's handling ... its much cheaper and easier to make it go fast, imo ... bottom line, because they have stopped production, and because the SVT team may never tweek another, its a pretty good assumption that these little puppies will become collectors items ... not to mention, they are simply a blast to drive ...
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #7
SVTF'nGR8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10592
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF/EAP Screaming yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF'nGR8 Good Standing Member
Thanks for that link. Sorry to be a dumb newb that doesnt search.
As for a used one, not interested. Too many idiots out there that beat up cars and I dont want someone else's old junk. (no offense, I realize you focus fan's would never do that)
So what about the 18K price tag? The inv. is about 40 bucks under 21K. I think I will hold out for 17-17.5K.
As for insurance, I will buy this car with cash, so you can believe all they will be signing me up for is the bare minimum liability coverage. That is already more than those crooks deserve in my book.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #8
revamp
Cashed in my chips

you said invoice is under 21K.....that's the MSRP sticker price, not the invoice....

invoice, depending on options, should be around 16K, if I'm not mistaken
Old 07-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #9
coleslaststand
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Got my '04Euro for 18,500 out the door (that's taxes, tags, dealer fees, etc) ... that also included a modded low-profile spoiler ... gotta love rebates ... but I don't know if the 2500 rebate is still applicable on the SVT ... last I checked it wasn't ...
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #10
SVTF2NV
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10411
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVTF 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF2NV Good Standing Member
It is, I got my car two weeks ago and all rebates applied.
2004 SVTF CD Silver, Power Moon Roof, HID lights, 20% tint, Audiophile Package with Blue and Black leather. #1930 of 1978 born on 4/6/2004

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.