How to delete iPod from MyFordTouch - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Defender
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106391
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium HB (White Platinum)

FF Reputation: 1 Defender Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How to delete iPod from MyFordTouch

Hi all,

I've had some difficulties with my iPod recently, and did something to my MFT system. Now it shows 2 of the same iPod hooked up and voice commands for the iPod no longer work, as well as all the Album cover art no longer shows up.

Is there a way to delete the iPod from the MFT other than doing a Master Reset? Which I really really hope to avoid.

Thanks, Defender

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Go into phone menu and highlight it and click delete button. Delete both listed.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Defender
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106391
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium HB (White Platinum)

FF Reputation: 1 Defender Good Standing Member
Sorry about that... I apparently left room for for interpretation. My iPod is an iPod classic. It's plugged into the MFT System via a USB cable. The only thing the phone menu shows are the BlueTooth devices.

So, I ask again, does anyone know how I can delete the iPod from the MFT System without doing a Master Reset?

Thanks, Defender
Old 04-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
So, I ask again, does anyone know how I can delete the iPod from the MFT System without doing a Master Reset?
Not sure about deleting from the system but a couple of things I would try if faced with the situation (cuz I agree, resets are a PITA and I would do anything to avoid that route):

- run a manual re-index of the iPod when it is plugged in and see if it clears the issue up.

- run a delayed reboot and see if it clears the issue up (which also initiates a re-index after the reboot completes).

Delayed reboot app here (http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html) if you don't already have it.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Sorry about that... I apparently left room for for interpretation. My iPod is an iPod classic. It's plugged into the MFT System via a USB cable. The only thing the phone menu shows are the BlueTooth devices.

Thanks, Defender
My bad I assumed Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure the delayed reboot as copernicium112 suggested will fix it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks