POLL: Problems with SVT - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: POLL: Problems with SVT
Minor problems that I could live with 19 38.78%
Brakes 1 2.04%
Clutch 7 14.29%
Transmission 4 8.16%
Wheels and Tires 2 4.08%
Brakes and Starter 2 4.08%
Surging 10 20.41%
Get this piece of [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]** outta here 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
Baron Von PickleWeenee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8521
What I Drive: 04 Red Euro SVTF, 116 of 1978

FF Reputation: 1 Baron Von PickleWeenee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
POLL: Problems with SVT

Here is poll you have all waited for. There has been hundreds of posts about problems and they are all over the place. This way everyone can get an idea of the major issues, if any, that people have with the SVTF.

My '04 surging and bucking is driving me crazy to the point that I want to trade this thing in for something else. I didn't pay $20k for a car that has issues that I have to "learn to live with". Thats a total B.S.

Last edited by Baron Von PickleWeenee; 08-26-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
badqat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11896
What I Drive: '03 Infra-Red SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 badqat Good Standing Member
Re: POLL: Problems with SVT

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Von PickleWeenee
Here is poll you have all waited for. There has been hundreds of posts about problems and they are all over the place. This way everyone can get an idea of the major issues, if any, that people have with the SVTF.

My '04 surging and bucking is driving me crazy to the point that I want to trade this thing in for something else. I didn't pay $20k for a car that has issues that I have to "learn to live with". Thats a total B.S.
A couple of gripes about your survey...Uh...shouldn't there be at least a choice of "No problems"? Or is this just an attempt to stir the muck?

What do "Brakes and starter" have in common? How do you correctly identify a "brake" issue v. a "starter" issue?

And "minor problems I can live with" could be anything...as could be "get this POS outta here"...and both are completely subjective.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:22 PM   #3
Baron Von PickleWeenee
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry. Was suppose to be Battery and Starter. I can't modify the poll, only admins. Also as it has been mentioned numerous times, no one has a "problem free" SVTF, atleast none that I have read on these boards. If I wanted to be subjective, I would need about 100 options for this poll, not 8.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yeah well I've had several problems and several happen to be listed on the poll, but I can only vote once.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 08-26-2004, 08:32 PM   #5
Dave
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
I would vote but I can't check more than 1 option.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #6
badqat
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Also as it has been mentioned numerous times, no one has a "problem free" SVTF, atleast none that I have read on these boards.
Muck. Hate to tell you, but there is no such thing (hardly) as a "perfect" automobile. I've owned Dodge (ultimate crap), Honda (pretty good, overall), Ford (not bad, overall - with the notable exception being the 1992 Mercury Capri my wife bought brand new when we were dating - oh what a piece of absolute retched poo!), GM (chevy and pontiac - crap, but better than Mopar), Mazda (pretty good, overall), Toyota (pretty good, overall) and others.

Even my 2000 Civic Si had an issue that required the replacement of the A/C clutch at 75,000 miles.

And I'd bet there are plenty of SVT owners happy as larks about their ownership experience.

Quote:
If I wanted to be subjective, I would need about 100 options for this poll, not 8.
The comment has nothing to do with you being subjective - it means the actual responses provided require nothing more than a subjective response that we have no insight on.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
badqat
Focus Enthusiast

Re: POLL: Problems with SVT

Quote:
Are you saying that either your dealer can't find the problem or can't recreate the problem?

Why don't you simply ask/demand your service manager or salesperson to arrange for a tech to go for a ride with you if either is the case? And if they won't do it, go to the General Manager or the Dealer Principal.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #8
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
I voted brakes as it's been a "few" times in 5K miles. The stealership has verified and agreed with me on the problem with my rears but get this: Ford Tech states that excessive grooving on the disk is a performance enhancing / designed effect on an 04'. Bah, time to go aftermarket on the pads and rotors! I'd also vote clutch if possible because I've smoked that twice now but it isn't a problem if I launch at low RPM's.

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 08-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #9
Baron Von PickleWeenee
Focus Enthusiast

Re: Re: POLL: Problems with SVT

Quote:
Originally posted by badqat
Are you saying that either your dealer can't find the problem or can't recreate the problem?

Why don't you simply ask/demand your service manager or salesperson to arrange for a tech to go for a ride with you if either is the case? And if they won't do it, go to the General Manager or the Dealer Principal.
I have spoken with the dealer, called Ford customer service and called SVT. SVT people told me "yeah we are aware of it and our engineers are working on it". The dealers in my area find nothing wrong which does not surprise me considering the car NEVER SURGES WHEN THEY HAVE IT!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #10
Baron Von PickleWeenee
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by badqat
Muck. Hate to tell you, but there is no such thing (hardly) as a "perfect" automobile. I've owned Dodge (ultimate crap), Honda (pretty good, overall), Ford (not bad, overall - with the notable exception being the 1992 Mercury Capri my wife bought brand new when we were dating - oh what a piece of absolute retched poo!), GM (chevy and pontiac - crap, but better than Mopar), Mazda (pretty good, overall), Toyota (pretty good, overall) and others.

Even my 2000 Civic Si had an issue that required the replacement of the A/C clutch at 75,000 miles.

The comment has nothing to do with you being subjective - it means the actual responses provided require nothing more than a subjective response that we have no insight on.
According to your sig, you own a Civic. Why are you even in this thread?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->