Transmission Swap Any One??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
D1HARDCORE69
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 63773
What I Drive: 2000, Blue, Focus SW

FF Reputation: 1 D1HARDCORE69 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission Swap Any One???

My name is Chris and I am new to the forum. Obviously I have a few questions related to the posted topic. I have recently picked up a 2000 Focus Station Wagon with to 2.0L engine. I noticed in some of my research that the model I have did not come optional with the manual transmission like the others have. My question is, will the same manual transmission from the other 2.0L Focus' be a direct swap or will I have any other modifications to do other than replacing the ECM and installing a clutch pedal. I used to work in an automotive recycling center near my area, so if they have one of the option I am hoping some one could give me, I can pick up a transmission for $100. Please help. Obviously I'm working on a budget, or I would have simply got an E-Hollander Interchange Program. Any suggestions to what would work and what other modifications I may have to endure?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
fuel economy, performance, swap, transmission, transmission swap