Basic Bolt ons: Exhaust Headers/Flex Pipes - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #51
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
well i dont have the proper tune yet..still waiting on it... but i have a huge resonator and the stock muffler that came with the exhaust...
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for:
South West Fanatics
Ford Focus & General Car Chat
Ford Focus Build Showroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #52
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Are the "flex pipes" that everyone is talking about the 2 little mesh looking things that come with the OBX header?

What are they for? fitment or can they be discarded?

The one i see on e-bay has 2 that look like they bolt together and im wondering why its in 3 pieces?

If i took the header to a muffler shop could they just hook one pipe to the end of the header then weld everything on after that?

Will muffler shops put on headers?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #53
russmistro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76170
What I Drive: 2007 focus st w/SAP

FF Reputation: 1 russmistro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just got my header right now! Njcfkcjgvkfdxfjjdks I love it.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #54
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Flex pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
Are the "flex pipes" that everyone is talking about the 2 little mesh looking things that come with the OBX header?

What are they for? fitment or can they be discarded?

The one i see on e-bay has 2 that look like they bolt together and im wondering why its in 3 pieces?

If i took the header to a muffler shop could they just hook one pipe to the end of the header then weld everything on after that?

Will muffler shops put on headers?
You need the flex pipe, for the movement the motor has being sideways. All FWD cars have to use some sort of flex for the exhaust, even w/ vf engineering mounts or similair mounts. As far as muffler shops, could put a header on, they would want some kind of conver added to. Legalley I don't think they can. Any how you would be missing out of all the fun you would have, adding a new mod, to your car, don't you think!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #55
In Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56840
What I Drive: 2009 Silver SES

FF Reputation: 2 In Focus Good Standing Member
can anyone point me to the sensor cheat how to i cant seem to find it im going to order me a obx header

you dont need a tune to run a header right?
tunes just preferred for more power?
2009 SES, FRPP springs and shocks obx header cat delete steeda intake w/ K&N air filter short throw shifter Mogg front and rear sway links fully stripped interior CFM street dog bone mount Custom rear brace bar 15x7 Compomotive TH1570
Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #56
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
you dont need a tune to run a header right?
tunes just preferred for more power?
Not meaning to sound like an ass, but why would you spend cash on a header if you don't have a tune? It's like installing a super charger and never hooking it up.
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #57
In Focus
Focus Enthusiast

well the one guy said 6-8 whp then another said 14whp with a tune?

im happy with 6-8 hp and 14 later on when i get around to a tune if thats the case :)
2009 SES, FRPP springs and shocks obx header cat delete steeda intake w/ K&N air filter short throw shifter Mogg front and rear sway links fully stripped interior CFM street dog bone mount Custom rear brace bar 15x7 Compomotive TH1570
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #58
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
well the one guy said 6-8 whp then another said 14whp with a tune?
Did you happen to inquire as to where in the RPM range you could expect to see these gains? Still, I am skeptical. I think your going to see 3-4HP, 6-8 with a tune. For the money, A tune is going to net you far more usable power than a header alone. You already have quite a few mods. If you have an auto, then there are even more gains to be had with a good tune. Not hating on getting a header, but there one of the items you would normally get last, not first.

P.S. I am one of those 'nitpickers' that sit down and calculate how much I am going to spend for how much I am going to gain. You might not roll like that. If so just ignore me and enjoy your header!
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #59
In Focus
Focus Enthusiast

no worries i dont think ur a ass or anything where all here to learn right and share info :)
could running a header on a factory motor not tunned cause any kinda damage?
i want the header for the extra sound now and a tune later on im quite happy right now with the cars performance
Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #60
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

No, No damage. Do you have a catback yet or are you running stock?
Last of the Hatches #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks