xcal2 unlocking/warranty sticker - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
ehancock
un1corn

Fan#: 53353
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue D23 ZX5

FF Reputation: 14 ehancock Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
xcal2 unlocking/warranty sticker

Last summer i totaled my focus by putting it into a lake. Sadly my tuner was in the car with me. The good thing is i got my tuner back but i was never able to unlock it from my old car. The tuner was actually in my car when it went in the lake, so it was completely submerged in water. I've read a couple places that SCT will unlock it for free if you can provide proof that the car was totalled out. I'm going to be contacting them tomorrow about that. The tuner still powers up when plugged into my new focus, but obviously its locked to my old car. I know it's still fully functional because these things don't have batteries so there's no way it could have shorted out that way.

Here's where i need your input. I noticed that the warranty sticker came completely off, and the barcode sticker on the back is half off. Obviously because it was submergd in water. I did not open the unit as i have no reason to. Do you think SCT will still help me? Or do you think they'll tell me i'm screwed?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Insane
Adam

Fan#: 51468
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 41 Insane Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
PM Blivit about it.
-Zetec Crew #215
Volant Intake, SVT Snorkle, By past A/C, AFX UDP, Copper Plugs, 9mm Plug Wires, Toms Tune, Roush springs/shocks/struts, Eibach Sway-Bars, C-F-M Racing Lower Engine Mount.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.