post your 1/4 mile time and your mods - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #21
TickfordZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3146
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3= GONE!!! 2004 SRT4= start of something good!

FF Reputation: 1 TickfordZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
16.89 stock- minus the brembos which do nothing- running it this friday night- its suppossed to be good race weather - i will have a race header, custom exhaust 2.5'' with no cat- APEXI SAFC ed.2 - short ram intake- new spark plugs- H&R springs- and i am thinking about takeN out the back seat and the spare tire just to see what happens- tell the time on friday night or sat morning
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #22
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Tickford, save your cash and ditch that S-AFC, it will not work on our cars.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #23
Ominus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10466
What I Drive: moms, 03, SE, red.

FF Reputation: 1 Ominus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah man 20s seems a bit high. I havnt done an actuall recorded one maybe i should but i found like a closed empty road thats 500m long (1/4 mile is 400) and i did that in what seemed like less than 20 sec. and i was goinng 120km/h i think but next time ill get someone to time me. but that seems like quite a long time to me.

Kev
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #24
Sensible
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9333
FF Reputation: 1 Sensible Good Standing Member
Jesus tits.... I knew our cars were slow but holy hell I didn't know they were THIS slow.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:51 PM   #25
TickfordZX3
Focus Enthusiast

hey focaltech- the SAFC will work with any car- the VAFC will only work with vtec cars adn the avcr will only work with turbo cars- the safc has been know to increase whp by 15-20% and wtq by 8-14% on almost any car the focus as well- i mean i aint try to argue with you here but from all i have heard about it it is totaly worth it- not just what i heard from when i asked an Apexi guy but from other guys at the track- adjusting my a/f ratio doesnt sound like a bad idea- but i could be wrong u guys tell me- but i got it for nothing pretty much cause of where i work and i am going to put it on and see what it can do (dyno run today with all my new stuff) if it isnt worth it then oh wel it sits there and looks pretty and if it does a good deal of work then i tell everyone to get one.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:21 AM   #26
brads03zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10313
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 brads03zx3 Good Standing Member
I guess this may be somewhat off topic, but I figure a whole bunch of people would want to answer this. What seems to get the quickest 60 ft time...riding the clutch at 5 or 6 grand with minimum wheel spin, dropping the clutch at 3500??? What seems to work the best?? After 60 ft, the only thing that changes time is how quickly one shifts. I want quickness off the line.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #27
jerryzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9236
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 jerryzx3 Good Standing Member
alot of the 60 ft is traction, I didn't get mine down till I got my bfg drag radials and my best 60ft is still only 2.12 and my 1/8 is 9.97. The 60 isn't bad since my dads drag car only pulls 1.75 or so, I can't really remember. I rev up to around 5000 and drop the clutch but with my tires I get no wheel spin
Old 07-16-2004, 08:26 AM   #28
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
I can usually keep my 60ft times in the 2.2's to low 2.3's by feathering out the clutch just a bit. But thats with street tires.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #29
01Foci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 134
What I Drive: 01 ZX3/71 Mach1/69 Mach1/09 SES

FF Reputation: 1 01Foci Good Standing Member
16.00 flat with mod below.
Engine Mods: F/C Race Header, Magna Flow CB, Steeda Cold Air, Tri Ax Shifter, Steeda Fuel Rail, FRP Wires, F/C Cam Gears, F/C 65mm TB, F/C Underdrives. The Rest: W/W Front Lip, 17" Velox VX-8, Bullitt Fuel Door, 1.8" Drop, Tint
Old 07-17-2004, 03:33 AM   #30
TickfordZX3
Focus Enthusiast

okay after the setup as i mentioned it took some time to get the feel of the new power added - slipped up in my 60ft times and 1/8's but best run of 16.1 wasnt bad i guess

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.