Rear disc conversion on wagon? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Focus_Happy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62197
What I Drive: 2 SVTs & 1 Electric

FF Reputation: 2 Focus_Happy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Rear disc conversion on wagon?

O.K. I just found out from my dealer that my rear drums are below spec and the pads are cracked. So rather than pay $400+ for new rear drums, I'd much rather convert them over to discs. I was looking at the M-2300-SVTR Ford Racing kit, but it says it doesn't fit the wagon. Does anyone know why it doesn't fit the wagon? I would think it might have to do with the e-brake cable length, but couldn't I just have a custom length one made? I have despised the drums on this thing since I bought it, so I REALLY want to take this opportunity to get rid of them if I can, but I also don't want to spend $500 on something I can't use. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
SuperFlea
Illegal Alien

Fan#: 28261
What I Drive: One Of Teh Hottest Wagons on FF!

FF Reputation: 44 SuperFlea Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (46)
Dontīt listen to any one who says that you can,t do the rear disc conversion on a wagon. I did it on mine and i highly recomend it!

some pics -

This was when i first installed them, used stock rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads. But EBC pads are crap.

So, then i upgraded to TriNet Motorsports Rotors and Hawk Pads -

But, i also upgraded my front brakes as well. Used the SVT set-up as well.

Stock spindle on left, SVT on right -

I have some PDF files on the conversion if you need them. LMK.

And my wagon -

and Good luck!

I'm back, Itchbes!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
SuperFlea
Illegal Alien

BTW, where in Spring Valley are you? I´m very close to you. I'm mostly in the El Cajon area. If you get the SVT kit, i can help with the swap if needed.

I'm back, Itchbes!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Focus_Happy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62197
What I Drive: 2 SVTs & 1 Electric

FF Reputation: 2 Focus_Happy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
It worked!

Well, I did the swap and it turned out great! I did have a small problem with where the e-brake attaches to the bracket that holds the two wires going to the wheels, but I just cut the one off that came with it and used the old one. The kit didn't come with any instructions, so it took a while to get everything out and make sure we knew where everything was supposed to go. Also came with some bolts I didn't need and was missing some new ones for the calipers, so I just re-used the old ones. I'll get some pictures when I get a chance, but it will be a while.

To anyone with a wagon who wants to know if they can use the rear disc brake conversion kit from Ford, the answer is a big YES! I really recommend it, too.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
SuperFlea
Illegal Alien

You're Welcome

I'm back, Itchbes!

Bookmarks & Social Networks