xcal 2 question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
zx3zetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50449
What I Drive: 2004 Focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 zx3zetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
xcal 2 question

hey first of all I'm new to focusfanatics...I'm basically moving here from focaljet which I personally didn't like that much...

anyway I own a 2000 focus zx3 5 speed...I'll post pictures of later...I just basically purchased a custom bolt on turbo kit with a garret gt28 dual ball baring..it also comes with the sct xcal 2 pro race package...BUT the car it comes from has a different computer code than mine (its a 2001 zx3 5 speed)

so I'm triying to figure out what to do as far as that...I'm already spending a lot of money as it is so I don't want to spend more retuning my car etc...if any i'll spend a little...so here are the options I was thinking of

1. get a 2001 computer with the same code and add a push start button (if it works) since my key won't work any more I think that might work

2. get a locksmith to re chip my key so it works

3. go to ford so they can make it work (might be to pricey for me right now)

4. get the xcal unlocked to it works in my car without loosing his tune since I'm going to use it...the tune he has will work in my car no problem so I don't want to loose it..its programmed for a stock zetec motor just like mine..and I'm starting out with 10.5 psi

what do you guys suggest? I need to do this the week coming up since I'm in spring break for school and that's when I have time....I'll appreciate suggestions and help please..

thanks in advance! (btw I already had a sct xcal 2 but I sold it since I'm getting this one)

Last edited by zx3zetec; 02-20-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: test
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
If you want to use your PCM you're going to have to rebuild then entire tune since it uses a different strategy... Your best bet is to get one with his strategy and go to ford to get the PATS done. You dont want your car to be able to start right after someone breaks the window in.

You're also going to have to talk to SCT about licensing the PRP for you and your car.

Also, you should at least double check the knock sensor and fueling. Just because both your motors are stock doesnt mean they are the same motor.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Points 2,287, Level 28
Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The first problem you are going to have is licensing a used pro racer package. This is something we do not allow. When someone purchases a pro racer package from us through one of our dealers they sign a license agreement. This license agreement states in it that the software cannot be sold or relicensed. So, unfortunately you will not be able to use the software as is.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,030, Level 100
Points: 51,030, Level: 100 Points: 51,030, Level: 100 Points: 51,030, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Not that this will help with your PRP issues your xcal if unlocked is still a powerfull unit and I can do your tuning for 450.00 remote through emails and get you tuned safely and riding / boosting

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Wagamos
Stock

Fan#: 21396
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3; 03 ZX3 PZEV

Points 9,489, Level 65
Points: 9,489, Level: 65 Points: 9,489, Level: 65 Points: 9,489, Level: 65
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 13 Wagamos Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^I would get a new tune from tom. Like said before, even if you have a stock motor, each motor is different on every car. And if it does "work" it doesnt mean that it is safe and that it is optimal for your car.

Oh and welcome to FF. I've never cared for FJ. I've never cared for the FJ attitude.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
zx3zetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50449
What I Drive: 2004 Focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 zx3zetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
alright thanks a lot guys....yes I don't think I'm going to stick with that tune for a while...I'll have to see...the car was street tuned and the guy that did it said he knew what he was doing and that he can help me tweek it for my car...I'll have to see

but later I'll probably get your remote tune Tom....about how much whp/boost do you think I can be looking at with your tune on a stock zetec?? its garret gt28 dual ball baring and I pretty much have all the bolt ons and 2.5" exhaust 1 muffler no cat
Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
he cant though... you cannot install that tune on your car.

your friend should tread lightly, he is about to breach the terms of his license agreement...

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
700whpfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40899
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 twillight blue focus

Points 5,396, Level 47
Points: 5,396, Level: 47 Points: 5,396, Level: 47 Points: 5,396, Level: 47
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 700whpfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
The first problem you are going to have is licensing a used pro racer package. This is something we do not allow. When someone purchases a pro racer package from us through one of our dealers they sign a license agreement. This license agreement states in it that the software cannot be sold or relicensed. So, unfortunately you will not be able to use the software as is.
i have a used xcal2. i need it reflashed for my ecu code. it is from another foucs witha 5 speed. 2001 zx3\
i want a prp........would i have to get my xcal unlocked and then buy the software? is there any upgrades in software for the prp software?
what do i need to do?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
700whpfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40899
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 twillight blue focus

Points 5,396, Level 47
Points: 5,396, Level: 47 Points: 5,396, Level: 47 Points: 5,396, Level: 47
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 700whpfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
i have a used xcal2. i need it reflashed for my ecu code. it is from another foucs witha 5 speed. 2001 zx3\
i want a prp........would i have to get my xcal unlocked and then buy the software? is there any upgrades in software for the prp software?
what do i need to do?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Points 2,287, Level 28
Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If the original owner of your X2 returned their vehicle to stock you can use our software to unlock the unit yourself then you could use the prp to create your own tune and put it on the X2 or you can buy a tune from Tom or something.

If the original owner did not return their vehicle back to stock, the device would have to be sent back to us to be unlocked and there would be a charge for that service. You could then use the prp or buy a tune as above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700whpfocus View Post
what do i need to do?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.