SVT seats vs standard leather seats - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
chavist93
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40287
FF Reputation: 2 chavist93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
SVT seats vs standard leather seats

Hi guys. We have on 03 SVT ZX5 that is my wifes daily driver. While we love the car itself, we just dont care for the red inserts in the seats and door panels. We have lived with it for a few years now, but I'd like to finally change them out. I'd like to possibly use standard focus leather seats. From pictures I have seen they look physically the same. Does anyone know if there are any differences other than the cover? Would it be a direct plug and play swap? Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The only differences between SVT seats and standard seats are (as far as I'm aware): The SVT has a micro-adjust recline on the inside of the seats and the standard seats have a tilt adjust on the outside of the seat; the fold-forward release is on the top of the front seat back on SVT's and it's on the bottom back outside of the seat on the standards; the SVT seats have a power seat height adjuster, while some of the standard ones have a manual seat height adjuster.

Do you already have a set lined up, or are you just looking? Remember that you have side airbags on the SVT, so if you buy a set of seats without them, you will need to address the airbag light problem. I've done the reverse myself and swapped a set of SVT's into my 2000 ZX3 with no problems to speak of. I can't imagine downgrading the seats would be any different.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Kauai Guy
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Fan#: 58297
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 17 Kauai Guy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
The SVT seats also have more bolster.
Sedan Revolution #150 Hatch Nation #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
Because I'm on a boat and I just had sex
Old 01-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
SPIman2.0
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56873
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 04 SVT EAP, 03 ZTW

FF Reputation: 54 SPIman2.0 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey man, whatever you chose, I'll take those SVT seats and door panels off your hands.

But yea, the major difference is the bolster and airbags. The airbag light problem could be fixed rather easily, but you could always get recaro's, have more bolster, and get a bonus for heated seats!

But for real man, I call dibs twice on those seats when you decide to sell them.
Sedan Revolution #161
SPI Owners Club #1
RIP 03 Sedan: She will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Yup, the Focus is perfect for the emo in everyone ...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
bretth
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 62324
What I Drive: still shooping for an SVT

FF Reputation: 1 bretth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIman2.0 View Post
Hey man, whatever you chose, I'll take those SVT seats and door panels off your hands.

But yea, the major difference is the bolster and airbags. The airbag light problem could be fixed rather easily, but you could always get recaro's, have more bolster, and get a bonus for heated seats!

But for real man, I call dibs twice on those seats when you decide to sell them.
2nd dibs if this guy falls through, just need the driver and front passenger seat though. what color?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->