Custom tune will not upload to predator HELP! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
SVTFsOnIcBlUe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33737
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 SVTFsOnIcBlUe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Custom tune will not upload to predator HELP!

Hey Tom,

I Purchased a Predator + tune from you back in 2006 for my SVT focus and its been great. However as you know if you restore the original backup the predator stupidly erases the custom tune you put on it. I live in Calif and just had to get the car smogged and didn't want to take the chance it would fail so I restored the original backup thus erasing the custom tune you put on the car and passed the smog test. I have the tune file you sent me in an email message however in order to put the custom tune back on the predator I had to update the firmware of the predator because it would not store my original backup. I was able to store the original backup on the predator and transfer it to the PC which I need in order to import your custom to tune back onto the predator. HOWEVER, now when I try importing your custom tune it gives me an "Invalid Tune format" error. I have postulated that this is because the tune file you sent me was made for the predator firmware 7.00--- and the new firmware on the predator is 9.00---. Of course the older firmware is no longer available on the diablosport website and there customer service is ZERO! I've called there customer service line several times only the have no one answer the service line after 40 minutes of waiting.

Is there anyway you could send me a new tune file that is compatible with the newer firmware?

My name is Matthew Rossi and hopefully you still have my tune information saved.

Thank you for your time you are my last hope!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
There was no need to update the firmware , my tunes work with any firmware out there so that isnt the issue

You need to contact Mike at Diablo

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
SVTFsOnIcBlUe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33737
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 SVTFsOnIcBlUe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the quick response Tom. The reason I had to update the firmware was the stupid unit was not capturing the original tune file from my car. No matter what I did it would not do it and when I would try to export the "original tune" using the option in the unit it would always say "SVT_Focus does not exist." So upgrading the firmware allowed me to finally capture my cars original tune so I could extract it to the computer so that I could then upload your tune to the unit. But as I've outlined above the unit refuses to accept your tune saying it is invalid.

Who is this Mike and how do I get a hold of him?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
kkswim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51950
What I Drive: 04 Black SVT Euro Focus & 94 Cobra

FF Reputation: 0 kkswim Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Compressed Send

make Sure Compressed Send is not clicked on. That could be causing your problems
Old 02-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
You DONT need the origional file to load my tune into your car , Just plug it into the car , choose "Custom Tune" then follow directors on promptor and it will load by it self

Even if your loading it from your PC you DONT need the origional backup file to do that

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks