Focus Fanatics Forum banner

OK, who in SC would like to meet up?

6K views 72 replies 10 participants last post by  2002BlackSvtFocus 
#1 ·
I know that some of you SC guys have felt like we're alienating you, so how about let's see if we can remedy that.

I think it would be cool if we could have a meet in SC, but I don't have any good ideas about where to meet. I'd have to rely heavily on your guys input, but I don't see a whole lot of SC guys posting up with any regularity. In order to try and get something going towards a SC meet, how about anyone from SC who is interested in a SC meet post up here. Once we see who's interested, we can start discussing places and dates.

Hopefully this will also help to build some local meets as well. So, who all in SC would like to meet?

#2 ·
Well, I think we have 4 or 5 guys near Greenville, including myself. I'm going to throw out that we should try and meet and have a small get together in Greenville. Quaker steak is a pretty good wing place, and car themed.

I'm also willing to put together a mountain cruise some time this spring, I'll post that up later this year. I'm waiting to get my autox schedule finalized first.

-Bill

#3 · (Edited)
time's 2. gotta call Stephen an see if he will have his SVT put back together plus i need to use his welder to renforce the rear frame considering i need to change out the breaker an wire's but with us moving again i have no time. an Brent i was going to post something like this today too but i guess you beat me too it. If someone has Seth's Number give him a call about this.

#4 ·
I'm sure Driftnutking and 2002blackSVTfocus may both be up for a small get together. Let's see if they respond to this thread, we can get something set up from there.

Not sure what we can do about the Myrtle Beach and Charleston Guys, that's a bit of a haul for us up in Greenville. But, maybe this summer we can get something set up on the coast, I wouldn't mind a weekend at the beach.

Seth is on my facebook, I can drop him a line if we get something together. Also, the Clemson Sports Car club put on a small car show last spring, if they do that again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

-Bill

#6 ·
yea definitely, quaker steak is about the farthest lol tho. dunno really where else we could do it, i know they had car shows at the bank right down the road from my house but thats a drive for those in spartanburg and clemson, i think quaker is the mid point. and bill i would like to meet u sometime maybe this week or next and talk to you about some stuff i work at Zaxby's right off of fairview and my number is 420-3010 if you would like to call me. and myrtle beach is fun aint been in years tho, id be up over the summer before i leave for basic tho.

#9 ·
What's everyone up to this weekend??? I say we can either meet up Friday night or Saturday late afternoon. Let's be more specific, Friday January 30 at 8pm or Saturday the 31st at 4 or 5? What do you guys think?

#10 ·
hell we're meeting up for burgers for the SFT meet in charlotte on the 31st at 10 or 11 something like that. after burgers i bet there might be some people up for a caravan down there. i might depending if i still have a job then or not. might be getting laid off permanently on tuesday.

#19 · (Edited)
ok heres a list of all who is definately going Friday January 30th 8P.M. at Quaker State and Lube.

Possibly focusmaniaczx3 and tangerine dream; NC team
For Sure 2002BlackSvtFocus, Blackcatn2o, driftnutking, wrc_fan; SC team

grouped them by state, if NC team knows of anybody coming down friday at 8 then please let us know.

#31 ·
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it either. With my wife just starting work, I had only budgeted for one dinner out this month, and that was Mr. K's. I hope you guys have a good time and don't forget to take pics. Let me know when the next one is, and I'll make sure to mark my calendar and budget for it.

#34 ·
No prob here, but I will make fun of "lambo doors" or useless fender vents.

I'm picking up the 2.3L on lunch today, so unless the title is no good, I will have two Foci. I'll bring the 2.3L out Friday just for fun[woot]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.