South Bend Clutch Focus SVT NEW! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Central Florida Motorsports

Central Florida Motorsports Discuss about performance and appearance upgrades for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: C-F-M.com

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
cfmfocus2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 22843
What I Drive: Ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 9 cfmfocus2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
South Bend Clutch Focus SVT NEW!

We notice how several of our customers telling us how well there South Bend Clutch has been holding up on their SVT Focus, so we decided to become a dealer.

South Bend Clutch offers two stages for the SVT Focus. The stage 1 holds up to 300FT/LB at the flywheel while the stage 3 Holds up to 425FT/LB at the flywheel.

Click here for more information and pricing stage 1

Click here for more information and pricing on stage 3

The clutch kits are offered individually for someone that already has a South Bend Clutch Flywheel or for someone has a new Fidanza flywheel and needs a clutch kit. South Bend Clutch is the only company that offers the ability to send in your Fidanza flywheel to be fitted with their clutch kit.

Click here for more information and pricing on the stage 1 clutch kit.

Click here for more information and pricing on the stage 3 clutch kit.

What makes South Bend different from the other clutch companies is the quality of the clutch disk they offer. The stage 3 clutch is able to hold more power because of the different clutch material. They did not need to increase the clamping load of the pressure plate more than it normally is on the stage 1.

The stage 3 is great for any one with a supercharger or turbo that wants a clutch that will hold the power without slipping.

South Bend Clutch offers a 12 months or 12k miles warranty against manufacturer defects, which is longer than any other aftermarket clutch manufacturer that we know of. They are able to do this since they use high quality components when making their clutch kit. Click here for more information on the warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
focusguy87
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC

Fan#: 40962
What I Drive: 03 Red EvO & 03 TURBO SVT

FF Reputation: 9 focusguy87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
SOUTH BEND FTW!!

By far the best I have seen and used.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
another bump for a great kit. this is an especially good deal if you already have a Fidanza flywheel, or if you can find one used. you can call dxd/southbend directly to find out where to ship it to. Also, I believe there is a group buy going on with these kits right now.

IIRC, Charles ^^ got the Stage 3. I got mine first , and its a Stage 1. I've been running it for about 3 months now. I did a careful progressive break-in. Very limited boosting for the first 250 miles, then under about 5lbs until it was closer to 500. After that, it has been holding the full 11psi of JRSC fury (jk). I'm honestly a bit surprised at how well its held up with all the screaming and whining going on up there... hehehe.

As far as the aluminum flywheel goes, I have not noticed any increase in noise from it. I have adjusted my driving style to suit the lightweight flywheel... but do keep in mind that it is a pretty big change. You have to use some quick finesse during yor' shifting.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Blackcatn2o
soon to be turbo!

Fan#: 48278
What I Drive: 06 silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 48 Blackcatn2o Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Do they sell clutchs for the duratec's?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Idk, go to focus.c-f-m.com to see if CFM carries them

otherwise you could contact someone at South Bend. the guy I dealt with was very helpful, nice guy, too.

his contact info:

Andy Pyfer
South Bend Clutch Inc.
DYNA MAX performance kits
709 West Jefferson Blvd.
Mishawaka IN 46545
Toll free 800-988-4345 ext104
Fax 574-256-2568
e-mail andy@dxdracingclutches.com
www.cryostrength.com
www.dxdracingclutches.com
www.southbendclutch.com