Mustang ---> Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-13-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Mustang ---> Focus

Hey all-

Just wondering, as I look through a lot of threads and sig's... can't help but notice a bunch of members either switched out a Ponie for a Focus, or kept the Mustang and picked up their new car. Figured I'd make a post about it, see how many of you guys are out there. I'm one of them, probably why I took notice of that trend!

Had (have) a 96 convertible, red with tan, automatic and v6 engine. Loved it to death, as it was my first car, but I've been spending so much replacing all its "100k"ish parts that I had to upgrade to something less than 8 years old. It's still around though, and sometimes alive and kickin, as those of you who saw my 'Worst Day Ever' post may remember. I'm trying to sell it now, but not having much luck (been about 2 months)... maybe its Fate??

Both my mom, an aunt and an uncle all had Mustangs and sold/crashed them, and my uncle especially regrets it. They had a '72 Mustang II (blue), 1981 Pace car (gray), and a '69 Mach I (orange w/ black stripe) respectively... though the years could be off. I just don't think there'll be a huge market for v6 Mustangs in 30 years (there's 4000 red v6 conv's alone made in 96!), but who knows?!

So anyone else out there have a Mustang story, and why'd you make the switch to the Focus... quite a different class, though still good ole Fords!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
blackandgold
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I still own and love my 98 V6 mustang. I have modified the crap out of it with UDP, CAI, dual exhaust,etc... And I love to drive it just for how quick it is. I decided to buy my focus 3 months ago because living up in the north having a rear wheel drive is not the safest thing. My wife had a ZX2 before and that thing handled like a god out in the snow. I wanted to get the STI but i already have 2 car payments so I decided to get the focus based on value and also customability. I thought wow this lets my mustang sit in the garage and I can finally do my 351 swap and other stuff. Heh yah right I got bit by the focus bug and I loved teh stereo and handling that I started spending all my money on it to customize while my mustang mainly sits in the garage. Someday someday I will stop modifying the Focus (yeah right) It is just way too fun of a car to drive. I guess I will see how it will drive this winter!!
^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**
Old 10-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #3
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
yeh i was thinking the other day, keeping the focus as a daily for now and getting an older 5.0 or a Pinto, yes Pinto, there are a few of these iv seen around here that put some Mustangs to shame...
Old 10-14-2003, 01:28 AM   #4
ZTSRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 536
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSRacer Good Standing Member
Not for me, couldn't afford my 2000 eclipse anymore after I joined the army. Got me something cheaper and a car that I could wax with aftermarkets.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:32 AM   #5
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
Well i might do the reverse if i am makign some good money when the new mustang comes out and it look anything like the concepts that are out. Then my focus will either be my commuter or my project car, plus i will wait for at least a year after the stang comes out to wait for fords little glitches to start getting worked out.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #6
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'm not really a true blue , bleed ford guy, but right now I seem to be. I currently own 2003 focus ztw 84 mustang ( heavily modded), 86 ford f350 dually ( forsale), 69 bronco ( for sale), 1988 ford ranger. I got the 4 wheel drive ranger to replace the f350 and the bronco, I will really miss my bronco but I just have to much stuff to keep up with so the dually and the bronco are going..
I love the mustang she is a lot of fun and handles good ,too ( for a solid axle car), I get about 12 mpg out of it so there is where the focus comes in, the mustang is a blast and can be daily driven, but the milage hurts, so I have a focus
Old 10-14-2003, 11:05 AM   #7
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
MAn viney if you lived closer to me i would buy that bronco off of you. I love dem old broncs, me , my older brother and father are looking for an old school four wheel drive to do a mild restro custom and drive it to the grandcanyon or somethign like that.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The old broncos def. rock. they are tough as balls underneath, all the jeep guys use the bronco stuff as up grades, in Florida you should be able to find one with little or no body cancer, that is the one thing thats hard on them up here in the salt belt. My has been everywhere offroad around here, it kicks butt.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->