The next big G2G - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #31
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Austin, maybe I didn't explain it that well, so I'll try again.

All the meets do not have to be held in NC, but that's where the majority of the responses have come from. I would like to see some meets in SC also, but I don't know who in SC is interested in meeting. This is an equal opportunity site, so if you would like to have some meets in SC, then it's up to you to do something about it!

When I started helping organize meets last year, my idea was to have multiple meets across both states. I was hoping it would crank up some local involvement and start small pockets of members who would meet regularly in their area. These "core" groups could build strong foundations with the people in their areas. As these groups had their meets, it would open the opportunity for people outside their area to come and support them in their efforts, thus helping to strengthen ties across the state(s). Ultimately, it could lead to some very large annual or bi-annual meets that include everyone from both states. When I saw someone wanting to have a meet at the coast, I jumped in and tried to see if we could start something. It turned out that most people bailed and there were only 3 people that showed, but it was a start. After that, the responses towards meets have been predominantly from the NC people, so that's why they have been in NC.

If you want to have some meets in SC, I'm not telling you it can't be done. However, you can't just sit back and expect it to happen. You've got to get involved yourself. If I were you, I'd start a thread with something like: "Who in SC wants to meet?", or "Anyone in Greenville want to meet?". Since you've already got 3 people interested, why not start a "G2G at Quaker Steak in Greenville, SC" thread? You could list the details of what you've already decided and start a sign-up list to see if anyone else is interested. You might end up having more people show up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #32
Templar
Focus Addict

Fan#: 795
What I Drive: Pitch black '03 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Templar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Get on the ball SC people! I say Isle of palms in '09!

"The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- Boondock Saints
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #33
SLVRbulletSVT03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 14449
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 SLVRbulletSVT03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Agreed with Brent guys, Brent isn't a medial spokesperson that was elected or anything, he's just the main guy trying to organize stuff, you guys dont have to have anything go through him to hold a meet, Brent and alot of us are simply picking spots that have the most general interest and can include the most members. There were a great deal of us that didn't go all the way across state for the Wilmington meet. The next meet has been planned for Albemarle, and us local Charlotte guys are doing the Charlotte meet. I'm on the side of thinking our next "major" meet should be in the mountains, near SC so you guys can have a big crowd meet as well. But don't let that stop you from having a SC get together with guys, in between huge meets. There are plenty upon plenty of other meet chances later as the year progresses, and i'm really stoked the interest has really picked up here in NC and SC. A year or two ago, you hardly met anyone that was just "coming to Tom's for a tune and stopping in" around here. Now we've got alot of interest and are trying to run with it. So holding a few small meets with guys around the Greenville area is great, and if you can get it running and planned, as Brent mentioned, I personally would be interested in coming and bringing as many people that way as I can....
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #34
2002BlackSvtFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61613
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Excursion Limited

FF Reputation: 1 2002BlackSvtFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Are only crime is we would like to get together with other focus owners, we were under the impression the meet would be close to greenville.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
SLVRbulletSVT03
Focus Addict

Even though this one is planned for Albemarle, why don't you guys plan a weekend at a local spot and invite everyone around that can come to join you? I meet with 5 or 6 focus owners is better than nothing.....
Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #36
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
There's no reason you still can't have one in Greenville. It sounds like you already had it planned out pretty good with meeting at Quaker Steak & Lube and then going to Frankie's. All you need is a date and time then you can sit back and see who want to meet up. Also, since you guys will basically be hosting it, you can have it earlier if you want. I'd just post up a couple of options for the date and see what everyone else thinks.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #37
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26857
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 blkZX32005 Good Standing Member
I will try to make it to the next meet if the doc says I can drive this surgery is going to take about three months to fully recover from.....
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #38
SLVRbulletSVT03
Focus Addict

Get well soon man! ^ what kind of surgery did you have if you don't mind me asking? Hope to see you at the next meet!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #39
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26857
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 blkZX32005 Good Standing Member
I had a scaled down version of tommy john surgery.....the ones that you see major league pitchers and nfl quarterbacks get....I was always losing feeling in my hand, and losing strength so after a year of fight with the navy doctors I finally got to go out to wilmington to have it done....so now I am on percocet and I will add bud light to the mix tonight....
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #40
SVTF200487
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53987
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 23 SVTF200487 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Albemarle, NC is just a bit to far for me. 80 miles one way

Bookmarks & Social Networks