spanked a 350z - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #31
Zarelli6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Assasin
wow, you beat a 350z on a turn? it was probably a lady talking on her cell phone, while smoking a cigarette, putting on her mascara and changing through the radio stations.
i second that. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 05:12 PM   #32
soopapoopadoopa
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9874
What I Drive: 02 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 soopapoopadoopa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i smoked this ferrari 360 in my focus....it was parked in this guys garage....he had no idea what he was messing with....
Old 07-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #33
jboylan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5755
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT SVT Squad#

FF Reputation: 1 jboylan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The Nissan 300z and the new 350z are some of the most overpriced, overrated cars I have ever driven. I work at Ford/Mazda dealership, and I constantly have people coming in trying to tell me how much better the 350z is than the RX-8. And as soon as the get in and drive an RX-8, they completely change their minds. A fully loaded 350z is about 7k more than a fully loaded RX-8. A 350z does zero to sixty in 5.5 and a quarter in 14.1. The RX-8 is a hell of a lot lighter, it handles WAAAYYYY better, has better balance, better throttle response, and best of all it redlines at 10,000 rpm. The old 300z was a joke, and the new 350 is not much of an improvement.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:41 AM   #34
SVTJerbo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9367
What I Drive: 2002 Svtf

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJerbo Good Standing Member
Anyone else notice that if you were doing 95ish then you hit the brakes slowing down to whatever speed, maybe 10-15mph less? yet still pulled away from this guy like crazy... but all in 5th? if you would have had any chance you woulda needed to downshift to pull out of that and even then i doubt it
Old 07-16-2004, 05:22 PM   #35
richiejerzee4lfe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3854
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 richiejerzee4lfe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
im not saying i believe/dont believe this story but let me give you another one. i use to have a 99 cavalier z24. the only mods i had where some sprint springs and that was it. my friend had an 02 celica gts sport shift. that thing was suppose to be 180 horses out of the box plus the cai he had put him up some more. i beat the shit out of him not once, not twice but THREE times. i know the car is faster then how he was driving it. as a matter of fact, after the last time i beat him he sold it LOL! BTW i had an ATX and the z24 is only 150 hp. so it was definately the driver. not that the gst is super fast but come on against a stock cavalier? anything is possible.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #36
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 764
What I Drive: 03 twi-blue zx3

FF Reputation: 5 blanezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally posted by Seb656
Here you go
now that's just great hahahaha

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Old 07-16-2004, 05:37 PM   #37
94se-r
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 10570
What I Drive: 1994 sentra se-r

FF Reputation: 1 94se-r Good Standing Member
Reason why you won

Quote:
Originally posted by richiejerzee4lfe
im not saying i believe/dont believe this story but let me give you another one. i use to have a 99 cavalier z24. the only mods i had where some sprint springs and that was it. my friend had an 02 celica gts sport shift. that thing was suppose to be 180 horses out of the box plus the cai he had put him up some more. i beat the shit out of him not once, not twice but THREE times. i know the car is faster then how he was driving it. as a matter of fact, after the last time i beat him he sold it LOL! BTW i had an ATX and the z24 is only 150 hp. so it was definately the driver. not that the gst is super fast but come on against a stock cavalier? anything is possible.

If the celica gts was an automatic thats why you won. Other than that you would have no chance. The automatic sport shifter doesn't allow the car to hit lift and use the high profile cam to build all of there power and since the auto doesn't rev high enough when it shifts gears it bogs because it falls out of the powerband and waits for the cams to catch up. Well the z24 was no slouch just like the 1991-94 sentra se-rs

Mark
94 se-r
bolt ons
Old 07-16-2004, 05:42 PM   #38
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX3_Chick
Teddyrob, is your car stock?
Well, he does have the 2.3L, which we all know can beat a stock SVTF. So, it must be able to beat a 350z if both were stock....

J/K

I think the 350z was just playing around. Maybe the title of the thread was misleading with what really actually happened.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #39
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
I think that it's time that I added to the crazy idea that our cars can hang with a Z. Yesterday on the way to work I was in a double turn lane heading onto the highway sitting at the red light next to a sweet looking Z. Light turns green and intentionally I let him take the lead and go easy on the gas trying to let the guy know I wasn't interested in racing his car. So he's up a little over a car length and then he guns it. Now maybe I was having a bad day but I didn't think that was all too cool so I follow suit. He never gained anything more on me than the lead that I so politely gave him at the start. We ran up to 110 before shutting down due to traffic in both lanes but in the end I still beat his ass into the gate for work. Did I beat the Z, no. Did I have fun trying, hell yeah! Was he racing at all, I don't know but he was doing 110 in a 55. I gave him a friendly nod at the gate just to rub in the fact that my "econo shit-box" hung with his "sports car". I'm a total Nissan fan and I love the Z so you won't hear me downplaying it's capabilities. I know that if prompted it would smoke my car but that's only if the driver is willing. If you aren't willing to use what you bought then I'd say you must have wasted about $12K getting the wrong damned car.

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 07-17-2004, 06:50 AM   #40
Jimmy Tango
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9212
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jimmy Tango Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by LastRites
We ran up to 110 before shutting down due to traffic in both lanes .
i thought that governed out at 107-108
not sure just thinking i heard that somewhere http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=18889

Bookmarks & Social Networks