Jackson Racing Supercharger - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
SVTMIKE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6109
FF Reputation: 1 SVTMIKE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Jackson Racing Supercharger

just a quick question. im looking to get the jackson racing super charger. can i still keep the cai in or does it get replaced?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
SVTMIKE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6109
FF Reputation: 1 SVTMIKE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
and do i have to upgrade all the interals???
Old 07-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #3
drewzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I beleive it comes with its on air intake and no you not have to upgrade internals.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:20 AM   #4
Jaybo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1296
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Jaybo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
No internal mods are necessary. The TB does get repositioned slightly however. You could probably use your cai with it though. I currently use a Focus Sport Cool Flo with mine!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
depending what cai u have,,,you can cut the pip a lil to accomodate the length and keep it,,,i recommend you upgrade your throttle body and fuel injector size if u get the supercharger,,,those are a few mods you will need for it to run properly,,,thats what im going to do,,,,,good luck
Old 07-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #6
Beantown Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1894
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black nike air force

FF Reputation: 1 Beantown Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u
depending what cai u have,,,you can cut the pip a lil to accomodate the length and keep it,,,i recommend you upgrade your throttle body and fuel injector size if u get the supercharger,,,those are a few mods you will need for it to run properly,,,thats what im going to do,,,,,good luck
i dont think the tb and fuel injectors dont HAVE to be upgraded on the svt for a jrsc, im quite sure you could do that, but i hear its not mandatory
Old 07-02-2004, 08:36 AM   #7
latindude542002
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6907
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed Ford Focus ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 latindude542002 Good Standing Member
Just one quick question. Will the supercharger hurt my engine if i put it on? Because i hear that if any goes bad with the engine ford will take away my warranty. Does any1 know about this?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
Codes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6578
FF Reputation: 1 Codes Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by latindude542002
Just one quick question. Will the supercharger hurt my engine if i put it on? Because i hear that if any goes bad with the engine ford will take away my warranty. Does any1 know about this?
No, it wont. There is someone on the SVTP Focus boards who runs a JRSC with a 3.4" pulley and he still has no problems. The only thing that is going out on him is his clutch, but he has had his on for like 12k miles (or something like that) and has raced and shot Nitrous many many times. He has never had a problem with the JRSC.

150 HP 130 TQ

2003 Mustang Cobra 10th Ann (Silver)

425 HP 426 TQ

2004 Dodge SRT-4 (Silver)
Old 07-02-2004, 10:26 AM   #9
majikmike
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7865
What I Drive: 2003/sonic blue/SVT Focus/SVTSquad#204

FF Reputation: 1 majikmike Good Standing Member
Yes your warrenty will be voided, and no it won't hurt your engine unless you put it on wrong or just dog your car out. The JRSC kit was made and tested on a stock svtf with no upgrades and it pushes 204whp. So any upgrades u put after will of course increase your pwr.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #10
BLKEUROSVTZX5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9845
What I Drive: 04 Pitch Black Euro SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 BLKEUROSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Well I just got off the phone with SVT and also Ford and basically it boils down to this. If a dealership installs it......they have the choice to warranty the install and any problems it can cause at their own expense. As for the installing a supercharger yourself....it doesnt void the warranty...BUT if you were to, lets say have something fail in your powertrain due to over stress BECAUSE OF the supercharger then that component would no longer be covered because it was an aftermarket item that caused it...not a factory defect. Understand what Im saying? So technically no it doesnt void your vehicle warranty but if the dealership can prove that the supercharger caused the problem your having with it then its will be up to that dealership if they wanna honor the warranty or not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks