For Sale: Mach HIDs. WARNING: TOO MANY PICS !!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
shepski
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
SOLD: Mach HIDs. WARNING: TOO MANY PICS !!!

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! woo-HOO!!!!

Here we have a set of Mach HIDs that, up until two months ago, were on Phacade's car (see: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s....php?t=173690).

I put them on my car a month ago, then miraculously lucked into a brand NEW set - so these are ready for their next home.

Unfortunately, although the lenses are still in okay shape, my car had some bodywork done this month, and the bodyshop somehow screwed up my windshield, finish, and the lights - all of which now have weird spots on them that don't seem to come off (indeed, the bodyshop is replacing my windshield). The lenses have plenty of tiny spider cracks, and a hint of yellowing, too (although the latter was only noticeable against my silver paint).

Nevertheless, they still look good on the car (see below), and the light output is incredible. They could certainly use a restoration before too long, but it's far from being NECESSARY. Everything else about them is fine - no broken tabs or any other issues.

They'd make a great Xmas present to yourself!

Buy 'em and I'll throw in what's left of my Novus 1, 2, & 3 plastic polish, cleaners, and cloths. That and some serious elbow grease (or a power buffer) might work wonders (although I couldn't get it to do jack squat with just my little ol' hands). I'll also throw in a year-old set of Bosch ICON wipers - which still work great and were only replaced because I just put larger-than-stock ones on...

PS. no wiring harness included - I made my own, and you can too! (Bulbs ARE included, though.) They'll come in the same, big Ford Racing box (complete with their own cool, floating, plastic "hammocks" inside) that my new ones came in.

On car:

(11/03/08)

High beams on! Feel the burn - it's like Cyclops from the X-men! (Uh - the pic below, not above...)

(11/20/08)

(11/27/08 - last pic before I removed 'em)

DRIVER'S SIDE:

PASSENGER'S SIDE:

Last edited by shepski; 01-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
alexdc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51995
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 alexdc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I want them if they are not looking that bad

Old 11-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
SVTRSST
70 100 70 70 : (

Fan#: 50439
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 16 SVTRSST Great Standing Member
sorry i'm not going to buy them but i wanna ask you what bulbs are you using with your city lights?... they are bright!

Old 11-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
alexdc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51995
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 alexdc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
did you try to remove those scratch?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
shepski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRSST View Post
sorry i'm not going to buy them but i wanna ask you what bulbs are you using with your city lights?... they are bright!
Those are just stock, believe it or not.

Two other things about the bulbs: In the on-car pics, I've got HOËN Xenonmatch bulbs in the highs, and Stealth chromium bulbs in the turns - those are NOT included in the sale (the off-car pics show the stock bulbs back in).

Old 11-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
shepski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdc View Post
did you try to remove those scratch?
Yes, I did - with the Novus products. However, I just tried on my coffee table with the included cloths and my bare hands - so I think it's going to take sanding or power buffing to do anything.

Also, whatever they did at the bodyshop has made the scratches look worse (especially on the passenger's side) - I'm guessing there's some sort of wax or polish in there.

You'll note, however, that the outdoor pic was taken AFTER the bodyshop worked its bad mojo on 'em - you can see they still look pretty good.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
mikebontoft
AKA "Toxx"

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow you just re convinced me to get the svt bumper, st grille, and real machs. Damn I'd buy those if I hadn't just bought a camera for a little more than the above mentioned price. LOL. But wow.... Can't wait for meh sedan to look like that :D
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-alt DD/ rally car) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Getting groceries never sounded so good!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
shepski
Banned

^^ Thanks! Just passing the torch down from Massive - whose SEDAN had been the inspiration for me for almost two years...

See? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=60669

(Third pic down shows his final look, and the one I achieved - although I far prefer my Ford logo to whatever he's got on the badge.. Fila? Scroll through the thread, though - lots more pics of that hot, hot look.)

And here I was obsessed with BLACKING the Machs (before I got 'em) - but I'm lovin' this look just fine. (Oh yeah: and it looks a HELLUVA lot better in the flesh than in pics! Pics just don't do it justice, dunno why.)

If you do all that, in Harvest Gold, no less - you'll have a "meh sedan" no more.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
shepski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdc View Post
I want them if they are not looking that bad
Oh, I get it now - you meant to say: "I'd want them if they didn't look that bad."

Nice to know.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
mikebontoft
AKA "Toxx"

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ah wow that is just great, I'm gonna look at that thread. Now lemme tell ya something. I'm using that new blackberry storm (not promoting) right now, and on this thing those pics are stunning, so I can't wait to get home and look at them I'm thinking of doing a repaint, same color of course, but I have tons of little scratches pn it. Lol. Hey, may I suggest a roush scoop on there? That would look sweet.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-alt DD/ rally car) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Getting groceries never sounded so good!

Bookmarks & Social Networks