DECEMBER 7TH Meet Race Houston

http://www.houstonraceway.com/index.php?id=60&display=month&month=12&year=2008

FINALIZED
DATE: DECEMBER 7TH, 2008
TIME: 3PM - 8PM
PLACE: HOUSTON RACEWAY PARK
THINGS TO TAKE: CASH AND YOU

OKAY GUYS!!! [welcome]

I am posting this real early ... BUT The link above is for the TRACK NIGHTS in Houston. [race] [driving]

Looks like we have a 2 day choice:[thumb]
DEC. 7 and DEC. 14
WE NEED TO CHOOSE THE DAY FAST SO PEEPS CAN REQUEST EARLY... So start Choosing and POLL in a DAY!!!

Also The time the place opens is at 3pm and ends at 8pm (Just in time for Supper)
COST: $20

So if you are game to see what you can run come and play ... or to watch
COST FOR SPECTATORS: $10 and your kids get in free (If you bring any)

Would be fun ending to a Year of Focus Meets and to Start a NEW FOCI COMMUNITY FOR NEXT YEAR. [loveff] [ffrocks] [:p]

LINK FOR DIRECTIONS : : : : http://www.houstonraceway.com/index.php?id=35

See less See more
#5 ·
sorry guys i cant make these meets. its the big time of the year fro retail and i cant ask off anymore days. i already have the 13th and 14th off, but ill be out of town. i am for sure going to the meets next year.

#9 ·
I am getting my tires checked and the alignment done this weekend. I am also re-tuning the car, and of course I am going to clean it up. [:p]

I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS ... because I have never taken my SVT on the Straight track ... I only put the SVT on a turn-system. So this should be interesting.

OH and guys that live on the SOUTHWEST SIDE OF TOWN (Sugarland / Fulshear)

I am going to set up a meeting place so that we can all caravan over there, because it is like an hour drive from us. Would be nice to take the hour drive with other foci. [clap] [wave]

I figured we meet up around 1-1:30pm in a central part (probably close to i-10)
Let me know if you are down for this ... I now Matsuo (Matt) is going to meet up with me. [race] [driving]

#11 ·
I had to call the track .... because I was reading that some of the tracks down here went through some damage during the Storm ... but All is well. [headbang]

Also ... just a FYI ... if you are not bringing the focus ... or if your focus can do this (High doubtful) ... YOU MUST WEAR A HELMET IF YOUR CAR SURPASSES THE 13.99s 1/4 MILE RUN ... Faster cars / helmet for safety. [poke]

But since we are all focus fanatics ... I figure we bring out the focus's to represent and to add some fun to the races ... [giggle]

I hope to see plenty of you guys there. I know I am excited, since I have not been to a 1/4 track in my SVT. ... Stock SVTs do 15.7 - 16.1 ... I wonder what my slightly modded one will do. [wiggle]

#62 ·
I hope to see plenty of you guys there. I know I am excited, since I have not been to a 1/4 track in my SVT. ... Stock SVTs do 15.7 - 16.1 ... I wonder what my slightly modded one will do. [wiggle]

Well well Ray it comes down to this lol[read] My best run ever was a 15.7 with consitient high 15's. I have yet to be back at the track since the cam gears were dyno tuned. Well I did go but I was making so much power that the diff could'nt take [xx(] I'm sure I can break into the 15'6's lol [idea]. Has for those who never been to the track I will give ya'll a crash course about the In's and Out's. What to do when we get there. We have to have our cars checked in at the tech and a few other things like what to do and who to listen to at the track (the people running the show wear regular clothes) Its easy but a alittle uneasy if you never been there. People are very glad to help so don't feel stupid if you don't know anything the people there are just want us and them to have fun and be safe.

*Important* Turn your A/C off before you get to the track!!! If your dripping water then they won't let you run. Also if your car pours oil out you can't run any leaky fluids comming from your car are bad for the track. For example say you start spraying tranny fluid on the track thats bad. I know from experince ok ok it was me who sprayed the track down but they cleaned it up for me. Has for leaky fluids if you drip a little puddle over night I'm sure you'll be fine. Foci though are pretty good at not leaking oil and other fluids. So I doubt we will worry about that.

Raymond I'll wake up for sure on this though the expresso could help me on my reaction times or could help you and make me too jumpy lol. I work on Sat. so I will be not has fresh has I could be but I would'nt miss this for the world!!

#15 ·
If All looks good .... .... .... ??? [slap]

Hey dude ... you are part of Race that we are betting on ... [race] [driving] [sing]

You can't back out on us now. [nutkick] [joke]

.... .... ... well I guess if you have to work and make some money that is a bit more important ... ... I guess. [idea] [:I] [mecry] [thankyou]

#18 · (Edited)
You'll win if You're racing Me, because I can't come. Two reasons for this:
1) This is My DD, and other than the Town Car(work car, i.e. not Mine) I would have hell to pay if I kill Our only mode of transportation racing.
2) I just found out that one of Our celeb clients will be in town, and He has requested Yours Truly to get Him around.....

Maybe I should show up anyway... But I love what I do, and I really like sex, and if I go AND kill the Fo, I lose both. So, That's that. Sorry guys.

BTW Ray, Happy 1000th post!

#19 ·
^^ Thanks I have been a member for so long ... yet have only really posted so much this past year or so quite a bit.

Well ... I broke over now. ...

As for not coming ... I understand. It's all good. When you get a chance though you should come down and say hey. Or of course you can wait for the Big TEXAS round Part 2 ... South Texas Bound.

-Ray-

#20 ·
Well, as soon as We get a second car, this one becomes My full time Project Car (Read: SVT[or better] swap) and the race is on. but if I can make it out to other g2gs, I will. And count Me in for the Southbound Round Up! I've always wanted to drive the South Coast, and the GF wants to go back to Padre, so um, yeah.

#21 ·
Padre??!?!?!

You know ... that would be a fun meet for the SUMMER Version of the TEXAS ROUND UP ...........

It's all good man, we are going to keep pushing on to grab more peeps. I have recruited a few more guys ... but we will see if they pop up or not.

#22 ·
Speaking of recruiting people, why not have a day where we make flyers and hand them out to people who drive somewhat modded focus to make the meets bigger cause i have seen a red one around here like mine with black rims and looks nice. But i cant wait to race whoever im racing i know im gonna lose cause i bet he is adding performance stuff to his car as we speak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.