White Face Glow Gauges Help! - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #21
miragesmack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65159
What I Drive: 2000 Sony Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 miragesmack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 View Post
The moman gauge faces in the link above while nice are kph only. They do not list mph on the face. They do not list an option to order mph either. These are for euro cars after all which are kph.
I thought the same, but when I looked at other gauges, like the Skyline model, they show in MPH, which is odd since the car they never made it to America. Makes me wonder if you could get a custom design made, those looked the best of all available.

On a side note, I only see that Speedhut makes a face for the SVT aux dials. What are SVT folks doing for their AUX dials if not using Speedhut? The Speedhut dials look boring compared to some other versions out there, and I just added the aux gauges to my car, want it to match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
Theta SIgma
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87386
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue ZX5

Points 677, Level 13
Points: 677, Level: 13 Points: 677, Level: 13 Points: 677, Level: 13
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Theta SIgma Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
These are great ones, I have them.

http://www.visual-performance.co.uk/...mk1/4534291239
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
tsouders
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119725
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX4 S

FF Reputation: 1 tsouders Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I installed these and put the power inverter down by the fuse box, actually in the front box that folds out, grounded the power inverter to a screw on the fuse panel and fused the other to the cigarette lighter fuse -- 20A, if I remember right. The box supposedly is just a 1-amp inverter.

My question is this: It makes an incredibly high-pitched whine that is audible until I turn my radio up loud enough to drown it out. Any thoughts on why this is? The ground is really solid and it lights up perfectly and looks great. Just would love to get rid of that noise without having to, like, soundproof the box. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

Points 5,843, Level 49
Points: 5,843, Level: 49 Points: 5,843, Level: 49 Points: 5,843, Level: 49
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%
FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Run the ground to the drivers side kick panel behind the plastic trim. This is where the main dash ground resides. Use a small wire wheel to make it bare metal. use a ring connector and a short self-tapping screw.

Let us know how it works out after that.

I wired my inverter into the headlight switch FWIW

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #25
tsouders
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119725
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX4 S

FF Reputation: 1 tsouders Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind View Post
Run the ground to the drivers side kick panel behind the plastic trim. This is where the main dash ground resides. Use a small wire wheel to make it bare metal. use a ring connector and a short self-tapping screw.

Let us know how it works out after that.

I wired my inverter into the headlight switch FWIW
Thanks, I will give this a try. I also asked the manufacturer and they're sending me a new inverter box, saying it's not supposed to be like that, so we'll see. I'm going to try this box using your method just to see if it works, anyway. And even if it still whines, it should be low enough so that I might not hear it. :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks