Moving Down to FL wednesday! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: Florida

Fanatics: Florida Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Florida areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM   #1
Millertyme
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1992
What I Drive: 2003 Centennial PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 Millertyme Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile Moving Down to FL wednesday!

I'll be joining everyone down in sunny florida wednesday. Im going to be living in Melbourne....(anyone close by?). and working at Circuit City on merritt island. Are there any drag strips or autox tracks near by?. Im just trying to get the scoop at what i can expect and I'm trying to find out what there is to do for fun down there? gimme a hollar if your close by.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
jrzx3
FF Veteran Goofball

Fan#: 384
What I Drive: An f'd up dirty '01

FF Reputation: 1 jrzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have never been to Melbourne but let me be the first here to give you a nice "WELCOME TO FLORIDA!!!"

Let me also be the first to warn you, though....
It will def take a while for your body to get used to the heat this time of year. Your blood needs a few months to "thin out". I moved down to Naples about 8 years ago (way south!) .. in APRIL (!!) and I felt really weak and sick often. (July is certainly gonna feel worse than it would in April prob!!) I would feel like passing out often. So drink lots and lots of water to keep yourself hydrated!!!
It's gonna probably be rough at first, but nothing is a picnic right?

I know that the above sounds pretty corny but whatever.. just trying to offer some advice. Take it or leave it... but trust me.

I'm sure you will love it down here... I am glad I moved!!!

OH.. and GOOD LUCK finding tracks and stuff to occupy your fun time!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
railman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20
What I Drive: 96 Ranger SC... Got Low Range?

FF Reputation: 2 railman Good Standing Member
Dan-d lives in Mims, which is just north of melbourne, as well as Bob, who lives between Titusville and Merritt Island

there's quite a few west of ya down 528 ( the Bee-Line ) in Orlando, i'm just north of Orlando but we allways seem to migrate over to Dan's in Mims for his g2g's

and if ya need parts, goto www.cfm.com they are located in Longwood, which is a suburb of Orlando and Hector has most anything ya see on the site in stock for pick-up

as for tracks, they have auto-x all over the place, and Bithlo is prolly the closest dragstrip and is right off hwy. 50 between Titusville and Orlando

and as far as fun is concerned, this is Florida, where everyone comes to vacation and spring break and not to mention all the theme parks, if ya can't find something to occupy your time and peg your fun meter, you're beyond our help

l8r, John
Old 07-06-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
Millertyme
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1992
What I Drive: 2003 Centennial PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 Millertyme Good Standing Member
Well i made the move.... IT was a nice 24 hour drive.... the weather right now is not really bothering me... i am likeing the thuderstorms, i love 'em.. but anyways bethlo i quess has street night wed and fri... anyone go regularly?

Bookmarks & Social Networks