slim jimming a focus? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
slim jimming a focus?

so yesterday i was on my way to a friends house to go tailgating and go to the bears game and right as i got there i got out of my car and locked the doors and poped the trunk and put my keys in my back pack in the trunk , someone called my name and i turned around to see who it was and as i did the wind blew my trunk shut. oh sh-t!!!!! my keys and everything else was in there, so no big deal . i called a cop to come over and slim jim my car and needless to say he said he has had atleast 20 focuses with the keys in them and he was never able to get them out. at that point i was thinking thats cool as hell , nobody can slim jim my door, but then i thought so how the hell do i get my keys. AAA came out and got it open with there method of pfying the door open with air and sticking a pole ing and grabing the door handle. allgood now . so has anybody ever had there door slimjimed? and tell your storie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
homeboyjames
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35230
What I Drive: 07 Black ST Check profile for mods

FF Reputation: 6 homeboyjames Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
never had the focus slim jimmed tried it once on a lockout but wasent able to gain access got the big e out and air pump got the door cracked a little bent the rod to the desired needs and hit the unlock button. a slimjim is mainly used to open cars that dont have power windows were the other tecneak will not work
-=ST CREW #61=-
-=SEDAN REVOLUTION #77=-
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
the way the focus lock system is, its near impossible to slim jim it, i cant remember how but i remember seeing a thread about this years ago, and its all in the design of the system.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
jboylan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5755
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT SVT Squad#

FF Reputation: 1 jboylan Good Standing Member
I locked both sets of keys in mine the first night I had it. I ended up prying the window out a little bit and using a long stick to hit the unlock button. And it was running at the time.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2012 Nero Black, Fiat 500 Sport

FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusman6297 View Post
the way the focus lock system is, its near impossible to slim jim it, i cant remember how but i remember seeing a thread about this years ago, and its all in the design of the system.
becuase it is a calbe system, not a rod system

also why doing door actuators are very difficult on the focus

the ONLY way i have seen is by prying the door open and pressing the unlock button, or tapping the lock to the unlock position
Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
mtadd162
Proudly Daily Driven

Fan#: 47890
What I Drive: 2005 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 9 mtadd162 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
have you guys ever heard that let say you have two remote unlock buttons and you lock one set in your car by accident and say the other one is at home.
that if you call your home and hopefully somebody is there, and have whomever is home press the unlock button into the phone the radio frequency will travel through the phone to you, and unlock your car....

i mean at first it sounds kinda far fetched but on the other hand i could kinda see it happening, i have yet to test it, but i really want to
-ST Crew #73 N/A FTW!
Feb. 09' ROTM
SSR - Silver Sedan Revolution Member #1
Cams Installed, great made my car into a VTAK
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtadd162 View Post
have you guys ever heard that let say you have two remote unlock buttons and you lock one set in your car by accident and say the other one is at home.
that if you call your home and hopefully somebody is there, and have whomever is home press the unlock button into the phone the radio frequency will travel through the phone to you, and unlock your car....

i mean at first it sounds kinda far fetched but on the other hand i could kinda see it happening, i have yet to test it, but i really want to
thats fu-king crazy, holy sh-t. im going to give i try when i get home tonight .
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtadd162 View Post

i think you would have better luck with this!
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
jgustafson
Banned

Fan#: 49925
What I Drive: 2004 red SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 jgustafson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have twice

First, my girlfriends neighbor did it for me, i locked the keys in the car b4 we went to a dance.

Second, AAA had to come

Both times took FOREVER, good thing the doors are hard to break into!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Brindfan
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdnld4482 View Post
AAA came out and got it open with there method of pfying the door open with air and sticking a pole ing and grabing the door handle.

That's how the locksmith got my door open too. This happened the first day I had my Focus. I only got one key and one fob when I bought the car. I started the car, and then realized that I forgot someting inside mt apartment. So I got out, leaving the car running, and locked it. I had my fob wih me, but didn't know that it won't unlock the door while the car is running! (It's stupid that Ford set it up that way!) So I called Ford Roadside Assistance, and they sent a locksmith.

That afternoon, I was reading my owner's manual and found out that I was supposed to get two keys and two fobs with the car. I went back to the dealership and asked where my other key and fob was. They went to get it, but could not find it. So they cut me a new key and gave me another fob, no charge. The next day, they called and said they found my key and fob. So now I have three keys and three fobs.
Team Duratec #58 L.O.T.H. #40 B.T.T.C. #3
ATX Faction #37 Rocky Mtn. Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks