Security lock-box for the trunk.... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #21
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Now we're having some fun!! Just remember to check and know your state laws BEFORE you start playing with guns.

For instance; Washington State is an "open carry" state, meaning you can legally carry a holstered handgun as long as it's NOT concealed, no permit/license required. Whatever you do though, don't put your coat on and accidentally conceal that weapon, then a valid concealed weapons permit is required.

The trick is that you CAN NOT have a loaded handgun (concealed or not) in your car without a valid concealed weapons permit.

WA. State Law:

(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any
vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a
concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's
person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times
that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from
the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and
concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

So I legally can't just find a good spot to hide the gun; it has to be hidden and locked up when I'm not in the car.

And the way our courts work nowadays, some prick breaks into my car, steals my gun and uses it to rob a bank, and somehow it's my fault if the gun was only hidden and not locked up.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #22
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Brad....you don't live where I do. If I drive into the city, half the population is armed (illegally). You protect your own life as best you can.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #23
BradWhite
Head Hurt

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
No no, for sure. Not trying to tell you what to do or not to do. You do what you have to!!
However, you can get a concealed pistol license in MO, so why not do it legally?

http://www.missouricarry.com/

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
BradWhite
Head Hurt

And in fact in MO you DO NOT need a permit to carry your LOADED pistol in your car!

From the website above:

Do I need a CCW to carry in my automobile? - No. Anyone age 21 or over, and otherwise legally able to own a handgun may carry that handgun concealed or not concealed in the passenger compartment of their automobile, loaded. . It only applies when the person is inside the vehicle. If you step out of the vehicle for any reason with the firearm concealed on your person and do not have a concealed carry endorsement, you may be at risk of being charged with a felony.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Disclaimer.....I would suggest you get a carry permit for this setup. Depending on the circumstances, and where you're driving, this mod could cause some legal troubles, if uncovered. So do it at your own risk.

A loaded gun in your car is worthless, unless you can get to it quickly in an emergency. Car-jackings are a frequent occurrence in St Louis. Let him have the car you say? In St Louis, after you give up your car at gun-point, you are often shot to death anyway. This mod gives you a chance to live....if you find yourself a victim.

You need a small gun to be totally stealth.....my Baretta .25 is a good choice. It fits in my pocket, or in this Pepsi bottle. If you're left-handed, learn to shoot as a right-hander. As you exit the car, pull up the Pepsi bottle about 4-5" with your left hand. The handle of the Baretta is exposed, and you're ready to defend yourself in a flash.

I used a round foam disk covered with black felt, and glued it inside the bottle. The thing looks like an opened bottle of soda.....and the gun is completely hidden from a casual observer. I lined the bottom inside of the bottle with felt, and covered the edges with black duct tape....to keep from scratching the gun finish. This project took about 1/2 hr.....and might save my life.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Car jackers in Memphis can't drive manual transmissions. More than once we've seen stories about a failed car jacking attempt due to a manual transmission.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #27
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Very cool idea and BradWhite great job!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #28
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

We've had some recent changes in the law concerning carrying guns in your car......in Missouri. It is now legal to carry a gun loaded or unloaded, concealed or not, anywhere in your car, in this state (Missouri).

You do not need a carry permit.....just a legal/registered hand-gun. So this Pepsi-mod is perfectly OK.....just don't cross the state line with stupid Illinois.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #29
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
that pepsi gun idea is pretty good, but a car jacker may be pissed if he sees you going for something, but i guess if u yell i just want mah pepsi man!
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #30
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Heh...you just need to practice at it. Your hand passes right past that spot as you exit.....it doesn't take much extra movement to pull the gun out as you're standing up. It does take guts to defend yourself.

The alternative around here is to lose your car....and sometimes your life.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->