The tube on the Valve cover - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #71
focusfreak03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20385
What I Drive: OLD:03 ZX3;NEW: SRT-4

FF Reputation: 50 focusfreak03 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattellermets View Post
Hahaha, settle what, whether you did or did not act like a jerk without being provoked in any way? With a drag race?

Post numbers are extremely irrelevant. I respect people unless they give me a reason not to, which is exactly what you did. The only things I know about you are that you paid Tom to build a Focus, have since sold it to buy an SRT-4, and you still troll FocusFanatics enough to harass me while I'm trying to help someone else understand their car.

Go away.
drag race, roll race, you name it.

you obviously don't know anything about me because i have never done business with Tom at all. yes i sold my focus and bought a faster much more reliable car with the same/better gas mileage, but just because i don't own the car anymore doesn't mean that i can't still come on this forum and give CORRECT advice when i can. so if you are done assuming things about me, you can get off my back. i have nothing against you, but you are giving incorrect advice and i called you out. plain and simple, learn how engines work before giving advice.

Midwest Crew #14
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #72
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

Points 10,941, Level 69
Points: 10,941, Level: 69 Points: 10,941, Level: 69 Points: 10,941, Level: 69
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Thought I read something about you & Focus-Power, my bad. Just curious, do you build your own cars?

What did I say incorrectly again? Pretty sure the general consensus went my way on this one.

Oh, give up trying to get me wound up, won't work.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #73
focusfreak03
Focus Addict

Quote:
Thought I read something about you & Focus-Power, my bad. Just curious, do you build your own cars?

What did I say incorrectly again? Pretty sure the general consensus went my way on this one.

Oh, give up trying to get me wound up, won't work.

nope, if i had kept my focus, i probably would've done business with tom but i decided to get a car that already had f/i and start from there, so i wouldn't have to go through the hassle of going f/i. i have built f/i cars before but it can be such a pain in the arse sometimes, and i had most of the stuff to make the focus turbo'd but i decided against it because the last car i did eventually worked out but it was a pain to get it there so i decided against it.

not really trying to start anything.

Midwest Crew #14
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #74
Executionerhk
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 55338
What I Drive: 2000 VW Passat TDI

FF Reputation: 3 Executionerhk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
you are right...
it is better to start with a car with F/I setup...
it just so much easier...
Midwest Crew #23
Zetec Crew #287
Bone Stock Yellow ZX3"SOLD"
"REBORN" w/ AZFS22C Gap 0.060and Ford Racing Wire
Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #75
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Points 10,941, Level 69
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
^^ Agreed... :) If you're ever in central Illinois, pm me here cause I want to go for a ride in the SRT4 like woah.

Sorry for calling you out earlier, I hope you won't act like that again. One more time, was there anything specific you wanted to tell me I was wrong about in this thread? I'd like to know, because I'm pretty sure I understand the PCV system... if I have a misconception I'd like to know.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #76
focusfreak03
Focus Addict

Quote:
^^ Agreed... :) If you're ever in central Illinois, pm me here cause I want to go for a ride in the SRT4 like woah.

Sorry for calling you out earlier, I hope you won't act like that again. One more time, was there anything specific you wanted to tell me I was wrong about in this thread? I'd like to know, because I'm pretty sure I understand the PCV system... if I have a misconception I'd like to know.
i will definitely look you up if i ever head out that way. i am actually going to be getting a different turbo kit here pretty soon that should put me well over the 400/400 mark, as soon as the better half lets me. i have the money, she just won't let me spend it. damn women. but hey i gotsta keep her happy.

i typed something up earlier but i lost it and it would take me too long to retype it since i am leaving for a short vaca here in about half our. basically what it said was that you were right in some aspects about the vc having a vacuum and i was right about it not. i was mixing up f/i and n/a functions so it was my fault i misinterpreted. if you want me to explain it more i will have to get back to you on it after i get back, unless i have some time while i am away.

where at in IL are you exactly? St. Louis is about a 3 hour drive from where i am at, so i would have to have a good excuse to give the wife to get away. i will be going to a school up in Chicago sometime the begining of next year so maybe i can take a day or so afterwards to meet up or something.

Midwest Crew #14
Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #77
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
what you said partially incorrectly was that the vc has a vacuum on it. last time i recall working on that area on my car, plus all of the cars i have worked on, the vc is an area of positive pressure. engines get very hot and hot air/gas expands and rises. only place for all of the gases from your oil/engine to go is up and out, which there are two places that it vent from, the pcv and the vc. your pcv on most cars is directed back to the intake manifold via some sort of line which, when the engine is in vacuum, extracts a majority of the gases into your intake manifold, combustion chamber and then out of your exhaust. oh the wonders of EPA bs. on older vehicles, routing wasn't really an issue becaue the EPA didn't exist, so a lot of people/home builders just left it vented to atmosphere with a check valve on the line, thus allowing the build up of gases and associated pressure to vent out of the tube through the cv. now don't let the vc 'breather' part fool you. just because it has the word breather in it doesn't exactly mean that there is 'inhalation', i.e. vacuum. this is put here so that gas pressure doesn't build up in the vc and 'pop the top' so to speak. i have seen an engine that somehow had something block the vc breather and it pretty much exploded and blew a hole in the hood. the only time that the vc has any sort of vacuum, but would be closer to ambient pressure, would be when the car is under heavy vacuum, example: when cruising down the highway at any speed while still in gear letting off the gas. normal engine idling, the car only pulls around 18-20mmHg but when moving down the road and still being in gear with the throttle closed, i have seen as low as 23-24mmHg.

this part was sort of mentioned before but didn't quite explain it. the oil feed and return passages for the vc don't always have very much oil in them, thus allowing some gases to not go through the pcv, but up the passages and out of the vc due to the slightly lower pressure outside of the engine than inside of it. when you are driving around, the amount of oil in the passages increases thereby decreasing the void spaces where gases can get out which is where the pcv comes into play. now this is where it gets tricky because when you have some sort of f/i on the car, and the pcv is still hooked to the IM, your pcv can't vent because the pressure in the IM is greater than the crankcase so the gases can now only go one other way, out of the vc breather which in turn carries oil out of the vc along with the gases. this is why most f/i guys run two catch cans, one in between the pcv and IM and another on the line coming from the vc and then to a filter or back to the intake.
had it in my email

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #78
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Points 10,941, Level 69
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
thanks pete, gmail search FTMFW
thats a perfect explanation. <3

clay, 61801
Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #79
focusfreak03
Focus Addict

yeah thanks pete.

mattellermets, what pete posted was what i posted but decided not to because i am a little out of it and didn't quite know if it made any sense. does it make any sense and did i miss anything? just getting over being sick(food poisoning). i have been working on cars(mostly motors) for about half my life so i think that i have a pretty good understanding of the ins and outs of the workings, but as i said i have been sick so my thoughts may be kind of rolling together at this point.

i'll look you up when i am out that way next year and hopefully i will have my new turbo stuff on by then. i am keeping my fingers crossed that the wifey will get it for me for christmas or my b-day.

Midwest Crew #14
Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #80
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
it looks good to me, would hate to see that info go deleted which is why i decided to post it

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.