4 kills 1 night - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #11
Blurd-focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1340
What I Drive: saleen svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 Blurd-focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah the SVT is all about high mph freeway racing. I just hit 142 messing around the other day. Funny you mention the Civic Si which rocks just the Base model RSX motor. So The Rsx and SI both have only 165hp. the Si I got stomped on by yesterday claims 225 to the wheels and only pulled 1 1/2 car from like 55-90mph. And the Only reason I turned around to race him in the first place was his nice FMIC (boosted baby). but this [:)][:)][:)] bought this TV dinner as is. soo lame....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #12
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
I just don't know why all these kids want to buy these Civics to be like all these other kids. What does that prove? I could have bought a hundred diffrent Civics for the same price that I paid for my SVT ($13K) but why the hell do I/we want to clone are selves to be like every one else? I love being diffrent, I don't know about every one else but I go days with out seeing a Focus SVT and when I do I wave and they wave back cause I think they feel they are diffrent too (not to sound gay). If everyone driving a Civic waved at each other we would have a wrecks every where, you have to keep both hands on the wheel of those home made lowering jobs where you just chop the springs down cause you bounce all over the road.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #13
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
true sidney, if they are just 16 yr olds with no money or anything, then they are just posing. but you shouldnt think all Civics are like that. the main reason they are so popular is the weight advantage they have (primarily the hatches). Try and distinguish between the ricers and the true honda-enthusiasts

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs

Last edited by CivicHatch+SVT-F; 06-24-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #14
lwnslw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3640
What I Drive: F150

FF Reputation: 1 lwnslw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Hey there S.FL SVT owners,
There is a get together this Sunday at Markham park at noon. If interested you can email me and I will give you the info. The park is located just north of the city of Weston right off of I-75.
L8R....
Joe
lwnslw@aol.com
Old 06-24-2004, 08:06 PM   #15
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

You have a point CivicHatch+SVT-F but when you have 1,000 civics in town (just made up a number) and 3 of those are hard core don't f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] with me civics then its kind of hard to distinguish them from the others. The SI comes with 160 hp with 132 lb trq. the second best is the EX with 127hp and 114lb trq. Now these Civics you/we are seeing around town I'd say about 5% are SI the rest are EX or less so my point is I will take my SVT with 170hp and 145 lb trq over these Civics any day I could care less about weight. Hell let me throw a couple bags of sand in the trunk to piss em off worse. The SVT even owns (kinda) the SI so screw the weight issue.

Also one argument would be "well if you mod it then it would beat a focus svt". This is an argument I hear all the time about all cars. What you have to do is say "If I spend $1000 in mods for the Civic then spend $1000 in mods on the SVT which would win". I guess from what I hear the Civics are cheaper to mod but they have to make up for the 10 to 40 hp they are already behind when you compare them to the SVT.

This is just my opinion but I think it makes sense to me.

Any opinions?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #16
budzen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7036
What I Drive: '01 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 budzen Good Standing Member
nice.. and i noticed it says Zx5 SVT?? i thought they only made ZX3 svts??
Old 06-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #17
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

In 02 they only made ZX3 (two door) SVT's in 03 and 04 they made the ZX3 and the ZX5 (four doors). I wish I had a four door but they were not available in 02.

Does the added weight of the four door SVT slow it down at all? It doesn't appear to when you look at the numbers but I would assume it would a little?

Thoughts?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #18
dudley123
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well, I agrew with your assumption with 16 year olds with no money. However i had a good paying job and i had a 93 civic hatch with a GSR motor swap and Type R teggy suspension. I went psycho with JDM stuff. Well i thought to myself that i am paying for a car that has NO air conditioning, power steering, Power anything. And that sucked. All it was good for was speed and Autox. I am 16 and am 250 pound lineman for the football team. So there were reasons for me to get rid of it. I fell in love with the SVT the Ride, Power, and was a sweet ride. Anyways it is hard to tell when there are 30 civics in town but you have to remember there will always be a decently quick civic. All the posers had to copy off someone so why not copy the real thing. Anyways sorry for the long post but just sharing my opinion.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:23 PM   #19
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

hell, im not even impressed one bit with the new SI. Its pretty ugly stock, and its also pretty heavy. The weight that I was talking about was in regards to the earlier models (92-99 hatchbacks). Thats the reason I got the Civic hatch was because I have full intentions of doing a swap relatively soon, but Im happy with the decent power Im putting out now to last me until the end of this year.

I can see why ya got outta that car dudley but for me, my AC works great and I dont really care about the power windows, locks, etc. The power steering isnt a big deal seeing as how im just trying to turn the wheel to move 14" tires on a 2100lbs car.

Hell, Jessica and I love taking turns driving each others cars. She loves how it feels when she's behind the wheel in the bucket racing seats, with the short shifter, and being extremely close to the ground with really tight suspension. And I like taking hers out for the obvious increase in torque, the extremely smooth ride, and the good suspension it comes with stock.

I guess its just all a matter of location because where you see 1000 posers, I see around my area 15-20 H22 swapped Civic hatches, 7-8 (maybe more) boosted hatches, 3-4 boosted integras, 3-4 boosted new SI's, etc. Sure we obviously have our posers too, but not as bad as how many I hear everyone on here see in their area

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 06-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #20
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by sidney61199
In 02 they only made ZX3 (two door) SVT's in 03 and 04 they made the ZX3 and the ZX5 (four doors). I wish I had a four door but they were not available in 02.

Does the added weight of the four door SVT slow it down at all? It doesn't appear to when you look at the numbers but I would assume it would a little?

Thoughts?
I think its an extremely minimul difference. Nothing that wouldnt change it from a drivers race

Ek hatch

Bookmarks & Social Networks