SPI Timing Belt Change How to - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #41
tryingtofixthis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118287
What I Drive: 00 blue FF, 91 black Volks Jetta

FF Reputation: 1 tryingtofixthis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That piston is pretty bad. I wouldn't want to myself. I would opt for another engine. You could replace piston with one from a similar.miles engine at the junk yard and recondition head replacing all the valve seats and those 2 valves, at the minimum , but I would also use junk yard ebb valves maybe.from a lower mile car, and some careful inspection.

In the case on engine internals, in particular, New doesn't mesh with old we'll, usually new means New all the way across. So one new valve, or one new piston usually means New all the way across, as well as new components that.attach to this pieces because if your in that deep, already, it makes a it worth it.

You could go junk yard parts, put it back to get her see how long it lasts, then go for a new engine. In my case I opted engine because the zetec is just a far better engine hands down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
JeepFoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 123113
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Ford Focus 2.0 SOHC

FF Reputation: 1 JeepFoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Finally got around to replacing the timing belt on the 03 ford focus 2.0 spi today. Surprising the most aggravating part of the job was removing the lower plastic timing belt cover (big hands). I got the job done in 4 hours. This thread was a big help! I would recommend to anyone in the future if they do, do this job, to remove the spark plugs it would make turning the crank alot easier.

Oh and that crankshaft pulley bolt? My Dewalt battery operated 1/2" drive impact took it off without a strain. It's rated at 300 ft lbs torque and even though the crankshaft pulley bolt is only around 89 I was still unsure if it would take it off, but it did!

Bookmarks & Social Networks