Foci at the Falls - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > North East Fanatics

North East Fanatics Serving the Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New England, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: should this event happen on May 16th or may 23rd?
May 16th 2 28.57%
May 23rd 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
shark111
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58907
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 shark111 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Foci at the Falls

After the meet at Mt. Washington, which I attended to get to know some of the poeple on the northeast forum, I had the idea of starting plans for a meet to happen in Western New York. There are some fanatics around here, but so little happens so they lost interest and stopped trying to setup meets.

Niagara Falls is a great location, the only thing is, you will need a passport. The American side of the falls is great and all , but if you want to enjoy your time in Niagara Falls, you need to cross the boarder. I want to try to set up the meet to actualy happen in canada, so I'm also extending an invite to the Foci of Canada too.

Some of us have already talked about this meet on another thread and have decided to plan for this meet to happen in spring of 2009 maybe May 9th, which gives us plenty of time to plan. I just need to know who would like to go, it would make the planning go smoothly. Also let me know what you guys think of this plan, and if you have any questions, or need directions to Niagara Falls, I'm very familior with the whole area, and could answer any questions.

I'm also extending this invitation to the foci of PA, OH and all others near by. the exact meeting location before we cross the boarder will be planned out about a month before the g2g. Keep in mind, this meet is intended for all foci modded and unmodded alike. unmodded can learn more about what kind of mods would be good for their foci, and modded can just show off what they got. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by shark111; 10-06-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I'd love to go but I dunno if my car will be running by then :/
I just bought a 2000 Focus wagon with a blown motor not realizing the interior is a disaster (dropped 50% deposit on the wagon before I even had the keys LOL)

Yeah there was to many in family wars on whos gettin the Focus so I just bought my own for $700... hopefully with the help of the forums I can get the beast running again.. I just need to sell off my old car first so I can park the focus at home to work on it

Lets see probably will have to do a 3 time vacuum 3 time shampoo, and one heck of a detail job, get the driver seat fixed (Previous owner snapped the rear support on both sides), HVac Bezel, ATX shifter plate bezel, passenger side fender and alot of manhours on that abused and neglected Zetec thats got more rust on it then all my cars put together other then that the rest of the car is in very decent shape.. I bought a pair of headlight restore kit's for each car. uhhh alot of work but will be worth it when its done :)

:) My Twins LOL ( P.S. Both are mine the one on the right is the one I just purchased)

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009
Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
shark111
Focus Enthusiast

too bad its a ztec, because i was going to do some upgrades to my duratec and i would have parts left over. but yeah if you get the one on the right opperational that would be great. did you think of buying new headlights? i mean restoreing is good but new would mean they give your car a certain shine. to me the headlights give the car most of its character. i dono there are many options open for your year, mine on the other hand (2006) there are not many parts out for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Feral
Focus Addict

heheh yeah but it hit me.. there twins.. there made 29 days apart from the same plant same line ( eh I call em twins ) its rare enough to drive down the street see a focus nearly identical to you and find out the owner abandoned it at the garage without paying..
so I spoke to the garage owner told him the steps of getting the ownership transferred to him and he sold it to me pretty cheap actually.. $400 for the car and $300(technically $304.13) but he rounded it off
I knew I wanted a Gold Focus wagon just like the first one I got but never thought I would end up buying one near identical to mine

yeah I thought of buying new headlights but that would mean 2 sets to keep the pair looking the same and I used the restore kit on my old Aerostar's plastic lenses and did an amazing job.. to bad my dad lost control at 105 spun it and backed it Semi-sideways into a telephone pole ( he walked away ) oddly enough the van was still driveable and drove straight)
This is why im a hardcore ford fan.. My family has had alot of Fords and alot have been totaled everyone's has walked away pretty much unscathed
(RIP, 1995-1998 Ford Aerostar Sport EXT)

if I could find 2 sets of near new headlights I will probably grab em but from what Ive encountered in the past, seen around and saw first hand was aftermarkets look cheezy even the so called douplicates always have a flaw and after I saw a metallic blue 03 focus hatch with aftermarket lights I nearly snorted coffee.... his headlights ( which were aftermarket cuz I asked) didn't fit properly.. the housing was larger then the stock so he slammed the hood shut causing a very small but noticable gullwing effect on the hood so nothing lined up

The passenger turnsignal housing was busted when my dad and a deer went head to head the deer lost and so did my dad when he found out the cover was like $400 bux LOL ( actually my dad got off lucky he didn;t break the headlight housing/cover)

Old 09-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47203
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 48 Tantalus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Anyways, back on topic...

Next spring would be awesome. We'll have to figure out a date when we get a little closer, but I'm hoping to be Turbo'd by then. Will make for a bit more fun, and I can show off the new setup. The drive would be awesome, cuz I'm going to need breakin miles for both the engine and turbo...

So yeah, I'm totally up for it!

Hopefully we can get people from all areas, and head in to the falls together from our respective areas. Like...The Maine Fanatics meet up with the NH/VT Fanatics on the NH border, maybe we get some mass guys up too. Same thing from every direction. Be nice to drive all that way with an entourage of like 10+ foci!
Quaife ATB Differential, Exedy Stg II Clutch/Flywheel
Coming soon...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
shark111
Focus Enthusiast

sweet, well if you two come up with any ideas for this meet im all ears. this is not just a meet this is also a time to see Niagara, i had an idea of maybe getting the whole group that is going free tickets to ride the maid of the mist, into the falls, and book rooms at the marriot by the falls. thats why i say i need to know who is going so i can get that setup.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
shark111
Focus Enthusiast

hey feral, what part of Canada are you from?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Feral
Focus Addict

Mississauga Ontario Canada.. about 45 min from the falls :)

Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
shark111
Focus Enthusiast

sweet im from williamsville, ny just outside of buffalo, 20 minutes from the falls
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
redZX300
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39044
What I Drive: 2000 red zx3

FF Reputation: 2 redZX300 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Just posting to show interest in next spring. as long as the salt is gone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks