New Focus 2005 Deck Problems... - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
Simfinate
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 14253
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 Simfinate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry New Focus 2005 Deck Problems...

I just purchased a 2005 FF ZX4 ST with a six disc audiophile system equipped, within the first day the cd player stopped working with a "BAD DISC" error and now It won't play any cd's at all. I understand that it is still under warranty but is this going to happen when I get it replaced! Please let me know, Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Warranty will replace it for you. FORD has always had a problem with their 6 disc players. I had mine replaced twice already, on the third one and multiple others have had the same problem. Run a SEARCH on the board and you will find TONS of threads on this.

If might happen again, mine did twice. It's still under warranty though, on my third deck and no problems this time for some reason.

Either way, take it to the dealer, they will replace it under warranty.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
Simfinate
Focus Rookie

I'm happy to know that i am not the only one with this problem but it ticks me off that I have to return to my dealer and get a new deck installed. Esp. since I just got the car yesterday. Thank you very much for your input!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Yeah that is damn nasty, next day return to the dealership. Glad I could help you and also....

Welcome to FocusFanatics.com
Old 10-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
make sure you are using the correct cd's. these are store bought cd's right? not burnt cd-r's, correct? if they are store bought and it's not working, get it replaced under warranty. you shouldn't have any more problems, these same units are used in basically all ford 05 cars, trucks, and suv's so i am sure they made this one better than the previous 6 discs.

- Scott
Old 10-17-2004, 02:41 AM   #6
Simfinate
Focus Rookie

Lightbulb

Update....

I took my car to the dealer, they did a simple reset of the deck by unplugging it. Easy enough. I left the dealer to head back home and alas started to put my cd's back in my deck, It worked great! However, I loaded one of them into the deck and it started to give me the error all over again. I did some hunting... I took my dash apart unplugged the deck and reset it. Problem fixed! Now, What is with the damn cd? I went back to my computer to find out what it was. The problem was that the cd was named in the burning process, unlike others that are burnt and worked fine because they weren't named, they were left in the default name which is usually a string of #'s Ex: 443214-32 Something along those lines, Works fine now everytime. Thanks for your input on this matter again! You guys have been most helpful!

-S-
Old 10-21-2004, 03:24 AM   #7
05focusZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12886
What I Drive: 05 ford focus zx3 red

FF Reputation: 1 05focusZX3 Good Standing Member
glad to hear you worked that out
Old 10-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #8
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You shouldn't have to rip apart your dash to disconnect the head unit. Ford uses keys to remove their head unit without tearing apart the dash... probably the best $5 you spend.

Bookmarks & Social Networks