Installed Cabin Air Filter today (pics!) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Memberloudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Installed Cabin Air Filter today (pics!)

I was looking around for something to do to my car, and I saw this deal on ebay for 4 cabin air filters for 00-04 focus for $20 shipped. They usually run $10-$20 a piece, so this was a heck of a deal. I bought them and they arrived today. The install was pretty straightforward and simple. I've heard before of people having problems with water getting in the car from breaking the seal on the cover, but luckly for me this is not an issue. I'm guessing they made different versions of the cover because mine had no seal connecting it to the windshield, but it had a tray connected to the cover on the underside that channels all the water into the drainage area instead of letting it leak into the cabin air filter. Its a nice design. So anyone with an 00-04 focus can add a cabin air filter to their car, because it is there....Ford was just too cheap to actually put a filter in. This will greatly help with keeping dust and pollen out of the interior, especially this fall and winter when I'll be driving with the windows up most of the time.
Here's the how-to for it :http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/cabinfilter.htm
I took a few pics. Enjoy.

Here's the insert ford put in instead of a filter, it was quite dusty:

Here's the filter installed:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
superchop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17483
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 4 superchop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Lol, i remember when i changed mine out. It REALLY helped reduce cabin dust and for once i didn't have pollen spray all over my face when i turned the a/c on lol. The only downfall to all of it was that in the process of putting the cowel back on i amazingly lost 2 of the cowl pins (the little white push pins that hold the cowl to the car) somewhere in the engine bay...i think behind the fender cause it never fell to the floor.

But as time went by i got a few from a junker at a junk yard and now it's back to good as new lol

Also, like you I never had problem with the rain dripping into the inside of the car...not before removing the cowl (even when there wasn't any sort of seal on there) or after putting it back on.

Ryousuke Takahashi
Old 09-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Memberloudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Yeah, I almost lost one of those little white cowel pins.
It had fallen down into my fender liner, but I was able to get it out.
It all went back together exactly how it was before, turned out perfect.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Spinal
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45687
What I Drive: 2007, Vermillion Red, ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 29 Spinal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
you guys are lucky with the earlier mods you don't have this huge ghetto box covering everything. i put one in today, i popped the screen out (its only like...rubbery/glued in) slid this filter paper type stuff they use in HVAC units, or that some people put in the floor register then shoved the screen back down lol, hey it works haha.
Last Of The Hatches #44
Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
justanotherZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58219
What I Drive: '04 silver ZX3 23 duratec PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 justanotherZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I went to go replace my filter about a week ago and there wasnt even one there. I thought that i was stupid and was looking in the wrong place. but i looked again today and its true. my car never came with that filter in it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks