Window Regulator Replacement Guide - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
danovotny
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58998
What I Drive: N/A

FF Reputation: 7 danovotny Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got the pin in. What a pain! It was the hardest part of the whole thing, in my opinion. I have updated the PDF with the additional information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
networkalias
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58828
What I Drive: 2000 Emerald Green ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 networkalias Good Standing Member
I just got my regulator out. The spacer pin removal was the last part of the removal for me. I used a medium large handled screwdriver and pushed on the inner portion of the part. Now I need to order the part. What is the part number for the right rear door?

Last edited by networkalias; 09-21-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #13
danovotny
Focus Rookie

I got the part from a Ford dealership, so I don't know the part number off of the top of my head. I'm sure if you called a dealership and told them your car info, and which door it is for, they would probably be able to get you the info, even if you don't wind up buying it from them.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #14
kmorgan0688
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 31553
What I Drive: 2000 Emerald Green KonaZX3

FF Reputation: 1 kmorgan0688 Good Standing Member
Angry manual windows?

first off good job with the pics and directions....

if you could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it. my car has manual windows. there is a knob that runs off of what the manual version of the window regulator is. this know goes through the door panel, through a plastic spacer and into the handle used to roll up and down the window. APPERENTLY... a clip holds this "knob" into the handle that rolls up and down the window.

after pulling on that handle pretty hard the knob broke in half. i am going to try and gets some jb weld and see how it holds up, but i highly doubt that it will work.

is the piece that i need to replace (what is called a window regulator for a car with power windows. maybe even for a car with manual ones not sure) the same with the exception of the handle on mine and the electric on yours?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
danovotny
Focus Rookie

Hhhmm....

I don't have any experience other than my own car on this topic. I would imagine that they would be two completely different part numbers, as the electric regular I put in had zero interaction outside the inner door panel. However, I would assume that it would still be called a "window regulator" for both manual and power windows.

Anyone with manual windows around to help out?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #16
mrzog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67770
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mrzog Good Standing Member
yeah my window fell ....which sucks....so do you have to get the whole regulator?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^pretty much so i believe....same situation happened to me
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #18
mrzog
Focus Enthusiast

i just changed my tonight. not kidding about that stupid pin. that was the hardest part. i lined that up with the ovalish hole in the the door structure which you might be able to see. the cable is kind of in the way but a small screw driver or pick will move it out of the enough to get it started. part number for the right rear regulator is 6s4z=5427000-a and has core price of $30.00 and the spacer part number is xw4z-5423a44-aa. and the two pieces come attached...so you might to use a file or sand paper to smooth the machine edge after you seperate the two pieces as mentioned in the how to above. run the window up and down before you put the door panel back together, too.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
mrzog
Focus Enthusiast

am amazed that the window just sit on the regulater and that spacer gizmo holds the window there...appears the the piece that holds the cables together is not that strong not or a good design because that broke and allowed the the cable to unravel from the motor pulley. on airplanes we clevis, rod ends, and etc. not sure what ford used to keep the cable ends to together. hope this helps
Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
j_t_d
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 68393
What I Drive: 2002 Sangria Red Ford Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 j_t_d Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzog View Post
i just changed my tonight. not kidding about that stupid pin. that was the hardest part. i lined that up with the ovalish hole in the the door structure which you might be able to see. the cable is kind of in the way but a small screw driver or pick will move it out of the enough to get it started. part number for the right rear regulator is 6s4z=5427000-a and has core price of $30.00 and the spacer part number is xw4z-5423a44-aa. and the two pieces come attached...so you might to use a file or sand paper to smooth the machine edge after you seperate the two pieces as mentioned in the how to above. run the window up and down before you put the door panel back together, too.
I doing this project as well...and expecting the pin to be quite a pain to deal with. I've removed the old broker regulator...and the pin remains in the window.

Do you guys think I can use that same pin, if I can find a way to remove it? I think removing it might be a tough problem, as it has the two pieces.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove the existing pin? Preferably in such a way as to re-use it?

Thanks for reading and your help.

Bookmarks & Social Networks