Car Audio and Installer Employees ONLY! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #41
jmanpc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61602
What I Drive: 2007 Red ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 jmanpc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I worked as an installer at Circuit City #3409 in Jacksonville. My favorite install we did was in a Caterpillar. It wasn't much of an install, just a Pioneer radio with XM and a pair of MTX coaxes... but it was just a fun install working in heavy machinery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey Matt do you work at circuit city in springfield?
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #43
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreX2006 View Post
Truth, GPS nav into that screen costs an extra $600, so there's a grand already lol.
Alpine W205 with the Blackbird?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #44
mrfatride
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21759
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 42 mrfatride Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
blackbird plus w205 would be ~1600 total
2009 SES Coupe #036
MECP Certified Installer
Old 07-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #45
Hexagram
Focus Addict

Fan#: 54155
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Hexagram Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfatride View Post
no fail is when someone comes into your bay with subs in the trunk installed in 5 gallon buckets and used Christmas lights for speaker wire.... thats not a joke either
i just found this thread. . .and these stories are classic, wtf are these people thinking?!?!?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #46
carfiguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 65059
What I Drive: 2008 Pitch Black Se Focus

FF Reputation: 1 carfiguy Good Standing Member
ok just wondering i worked for best buy for 4 years store 612 in covington louisiana geek squad autotech mecp basic and bestbuy certified but now i own my own shop can i post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #47
osufans
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23001
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 8 osufans Good Standing Member
Hey, just found this thread...I used to work at Best Buy in Columbus, on Morse Rd. If I remember right, it was store #295...but that's been a while.

Anywho...I'm laughing at the 5 gal bucket thing, cause I grew up in the country, and had a bunch of rednecks out by me. I saw someone use a 5 gal bucket with a sub. Honestly, it didn't sound bad. Kinda setup like a bazooka bass tube.

I'm sort of the audio guy amongst my friends. I do all my own installs, have built a few boxes, you know the deal. I am definitely not someone who's work you had to re-do, and I can laugh with you because I'm usually the guy going "what were they thinking" when they came to me when their install didn't go quite so well.

I think the only bone I have to pick with a comment made on here is something about using cheap cables....can I get some honest input from you all? Being that I worked at Best Buy, I realize the markup on that stuff...but really, is there a $50 difference between a simple shielded RCA cable from Radio-Shack (or some other vendor for that matter,) and the ones that Monster make?

And as far as I know, copper is copper is copper. I can buy copper cable from my local NAPA by the foot, and it is A LOT cheaper than the copper in those wiring kits.

Just curious, since I was never really sold on the cost of those materials. If you guys have some input I would greatly appreciate it.
'03 ZX5 SVT - Pitch Black #268
Old 08-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #48
focused84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 204
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 focused84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Just ran across this and it looks like I may be reviving it. I work at Best Buy 1536 in Jonesboro, AR. I am the lone wolf, the one and only installer/salesperson...
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #49
An Audio Guru
Da fofo love remains

Fan#: 84263
What I Drive: 05 Red ZX3, 92 V6 Ranger, 07 Sonata

FF Reputation: 5 An Audio Guru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
2 years opening up Sight Unseen Car Audio with a Master MECP
3 months Circuit City Anniston, AL
5 months Meggamaxx Car Audio and Integration
5 months Cruzin Tunes Car Audio
5 years Bestco Wholesales
Also waisted money on Installer Institute in Florida to train with Dave Rivera. Good experience just a lot of repetitive shit I already knew. Basically I had paid for fun with a certificate when the month was over. And a chance to do a "show" car...a low budget one!

On to my horrors...

Had a 90's model Honda Accord and the owner had literally ran 4 speaker wires from the back of the radio and out through the pocket of the dash kit. Each wire did a beeline to it's respective speaker. Wires went straight through the car suspended in the air due to tautness after being ran through a pen hole in the rear deck and tucked under the speaker basket then twisted around the terminal. the door were done very the same. Wire from pocket in through the front of the door panel through a hole into the back of the speaker. The excess had to be gathered up and set in the floor board under your feet every time he opened his door.

I have had a customer come back a week after buying from and us installing a ddx-6019. He tried prying the d-din and kit out with a flat head to do something of his own with it and shoved a screwdriver through the screen. he brought it in for warranty with a screw driver sticking half out of it!!! This is what I did sorry can't help ya!
Hatch Nation #129
Elder Audio Guru
Sep11' HOTM Beatin' Down The Block
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #50
An Audio Guru
Da fofo love remains

Fan#: 84263
What I Drive: 05 Red ZX3, 92 V6 Ranger, 07 Sonata

FF Reputation: 5 An Audio Guru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osufans View Post
Hey, just found this thread...I used to work at Best Buy in Columbus, on Morse Rd. If I remember right, it was store #295...but that's been a while.

Anywho...I'm laughing at the 5 gal bucket thing, cause I grew up in the country, and had a bunch of rednecks out by me. I saw someone use a 5 gal bucket with a sub. Honestly, it didn't sound bad. Kinda setup like a bazooka bass tube.

I'm sort of the audio guy amongst my friends. I do all my own installs, have built a few boxes, you know the deal. I am definitely not someone who's work you had to re-do, and I can laugh with you because I'm usually the guy going "what were they thinking" when they came to me when their install didn't go quite so well.

I think the only bone I have to pick with a comment made on here is something about using cheap cables....can I get some honest input from you all? Being that I worked at Best Buy, I realize the markup on that stuff...but really, is there a $50 difference between a simple shielded RCA cable from Radio-Shack (or some other vendor for that matter,) and the ones that Monster make?

And as far as I know, copper is copper is copper. I can buy copper cable from my local NAPA by the foot, and it is A LOT cheaper than the copper in those wiring kits.

Just curious, since I was never really sold on the cost of those materials. If you guys have some input I would greatly appreciate it.

I deal with the wholesale end I can tell you that a 20' Streetwire RCA cable costs $2.18 and is sold on average for about $15-$20. The $100 Kicker install kit that best buy sells costs at wholesale only $33.62
Hatch Nation #129
Elder Audio Guru
Sep11' HOTM Beatin' Down The Block

Bookmarks & Social Networks