drag racing ? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #11
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
oops double post

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM

Last edited by gonzorelic; 08-26-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: double post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
RobsRedRacer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1515
What I Drive: 06 Dodge Ram, 02 TL1000R

FF Reputation: 1 RobsRedRacer Good Standing Member
if i'm not mistaken i think tom was running mid-11's with 450 hp
Zetec Crew #195
Old 08-26-2008, 11:11 PM   #13
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 01 zx3 s2 x2, 02 SVT, Jeep Cherokee

FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
well, in a nutshell, ya, I need to work on my 60' times alot, I had better 60' times at around a 2.2, I'll see if I can sort through my old slips and post that one up. I had a 2.19 for a 60', but I couldn't keep it at that. This was my best time because I was shifting at 7650 rpm. I was too much of a panzi to push it past 7400 as I didn't want to risk it, but when shifting, this kept me in the powerband much better. I only did this a couple of times as my engine temps were getting very high, so I only ran a few more passes afterwards. Then I didn't shift till 7500 ish and I was running 14.9's I am not running Drag Radials, I am running Yokohoma A048's. They are a race compound that I use for autocross, they hook, but prolly not as good as the D/R. I am still working on slipping the clutch properly, it is a tough bugger. If I can slip it properly and hook on the D/R, I bet I could run the 2.0 60' and my times would drop alot, but I don't have an extra set of rims right now to put them on. My car weighed 2588 w/ me in the car and ~ 2 gallons of fuel. Basically my problem is w/ slipping the clutch. That was the first night I was at the track w/ all my mods in place. I know there is room for improvement, just haven't been to the track since. I think I can hit a 14.5 or maybe a bit lower if I get D/R's.

2004 SVT EAP partout, PM me with needs.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

well, in a nutshell, ya, I need to work on my 60' times alot, I had better 60' times at around a 2.2, I'll see if I can sort through my old slips and post that one up. I had a 2.19 for a 60', but I couldn't keep it at that. This was my best time because I was shifting at 7650 rpm. I was too much of a panzi to push it past 7400 as I didn't want to risk it, but when shifting, this kept me in the powerband much better. I only did this a couple of times as my engine temps were getting very high, so I only ran a few more passes afterwards. Then I didn't shift till 7500 ish and I was running 14.9's I am not running Drag Radials, I am running Yokohoma A048's. They are a race compound that I use for autocross, they hook, but prolly not as good as the D/R. I am still working on slipping the clutch properly, it is a tough bugger. If I can slip it properly and hook on the D/R, I bet I could run the 2.0 60' and my times would drop alot, but I don't have an extra set of rims right now to put them on. My car weighed 2588 w/ me in the car and ~ 2 gallons of fuel. Basically my problem is w/ slipping the clutch. That was the first night I was at the track w/ all my mods in place. I know there is room for improvement, just haven't been to the track since. I think I can hit a 14.5 or maybe a bit lower if I get D/R's!!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

awesome that sounds a bit more like it. we ran his car on the g-tech tonight and in this humid ass head with the new D/R's on motor it went 15.90. it went 16.00 stock in the winter so im figuring had the temp/humidity been the same it would have been around a 15.70. with that in mind the new D/R's spun because they arent broke in yet and the dew had already fallen being it was around midnight so with some hot sticky vht soaked concrete and broke in D/R's i bet we can remedy that and bring it down another 10th. the nitrous kit came in today also so were gonna be spraying it friday night starting off with a 20hp shot and moving up to a 40 then maybe a 60 depending on how well the car does on the 20 and 40. were also taking out the back seats and the passenger seat as well as the jack and spare and everything else not bolted down in the car to shed some weight so im hoping this thing will see some 14's and some DEEP low 9's in the 1/8. im keeping my fingers crossed for an 8.9x pass that would be pretty awesome. next week we are ordering a long tube header and a set of 228/228 comp cams then we will go from there! should have some vids up after this weekend.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #16
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

You should actually take it to the track, the g-techs are accurate, but not too accurate, the only way to check is the strip!! What kind of N20 kit are u getting?? I'm curious about this cause i only want a 40 or 50 shot w/ my SC!!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #17
focusfreak03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20385
What I Drive: OLD:03 ZX3;NEW: SRT-4

FF Reputation: 50 focusfreak03 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
Well, if ur looking for low 14's, you will need 200 whp or more. I am running at 164 whp and only run a 14.819 and thas my best, I was right around a 14.9 pretty consistently. Not tryin to put my self up or anything, but I've made well over 300 passes in dragging and I know my way around the block. That time is w/ slipping the clutch from 5500 rpm and a LSD. Unless you are a pro driver (not saying I am or anything) u will have difficult seeing those times. I also think you may burn the clutch a little.
my car(SRT4) stock runs ~14.2 boosting at 14psi in the 1/4 with 235whp, but it also weighs a little more than the focus. best to date is a 13.676@106.8 boosting at 17psi on the stock turbo. SRT4 curb weight is ~2900lbs

Midwest Crew #14
Old 08-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
You should actually take it to the track, the g-techs are accurate, but not too accurate, the only way to check is the strip!! What kind of N20 kit are u getting?? I'm curious about this cause i only want a 40 or 50 shot w/ my SC!!
the g-tech is actually suprisingly accurate. we use it pretty often and drag race pretty often and have very similar results with the g-tech. were going to valdosta to south ga motorsports park tomorrow night to run the car in the 1/4. we already have the nitrous. ordered it tuesday and it came wednesday from summit in mcdonough ga. its a compucar nitrous in a bag kit. its all in a duffel bag. were gonna install the colder plugs tonight and the nitrous. already got the bottle filled so tonight were gonna g-tech it again and see what kinda gains we see with a 20hp shot them maybe a 40hp shot.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

The only reason I say the G-techs aren't accurate is there is a guy at MTU who uses it w/ his turbo'd omni, It said mid 14's and he ran a 13.6!!! So I don't really trust em. IMO, the only way to know is to go to the track!!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #20
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

his must have been defected. ours is usually within a 10th of what the vehicle runs. we cant run it on the gtech anyway. his car only has 1 12v cigarette lighter output so we cant use the nitrous and the gtech.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM

Bookmarks & Social Networks