drag racing ? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
drag racing ?

my good friend has a 2003 zx3 2.0 zetec 5 speed. ok well first off we took it out racing last year to see kinda what this thing base lined. all it had done to it was a apc cheap short ram intake. stock exhaust, stock everything. it went 16.00 at 86 (1/4) and 10.30 at 65 (1/8). well now we have modded it a good bit. first off we ditched the gay apc intake for a new K&N intake. we added a magnaflow straight thru resonator in place of the stock muffler and chopped the lunchbox and added an SLP tip. were taking the back seats and passenger seats out and leaving the carpet and drivers seat. also removing the jack and spare. basically anything easy to remove. also we ordered a set of 22c motorcraft plugs and a compucar nitrous in a bag kit. were gonna start off by spraying the car 20hp then move up to 40hp then maybe even a 60hp shot depending. also got a set of BFG G-force 225/50/15 drag radials that will be here tomorrow to go on the stock wheels. when the car was purchased it weighed 2570lbs without the driver. now im hoping with the weight reduction and the motor mods i think it should go 10.00's (maybe high 9's) and high 15's on motor especially with the D/R's. on the nitrous im hoping this car will go low 9's and maybe see some mid 14's in the 1/4. my question is what would it take for this car to see some 8.90's and some low 14's? i still believe this car has some un-tapped potential. alot of parts on it are still all stock.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Insane
Adam

Fan#: 51468
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 41 Insane Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
First off I can't believe you got a 16 flat with only a ram intake. The stock intake is much better than a ram. Also a stock car runs i believe a 16.4 in the 1/4. Is this track down hill? And you won't get any of those #'s w/o a turbo. 10's and 9's are FAST. You'd have to have every bit of 700-800whp for those #'s.
-Zetec Crew #215
Volant Intake, SVT Snorkle, By past A/C, AFX UDP, Copper Plugs, 9mm Plug Wires, Toms Tune, Roush springs/shocks/struts, Eibach Sway-Bars, C-F-M Racing Lower Engine Mount.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Insane
Adam

You'll also have to put some money in the trans.
-Zetec Crew #215
Volant Intake, SVT Snorkle, By past A/C, AFX UDP, Copper Plugs, 9mm Plug Wires, Toms Tune, Roush springs/shocks/struts, Eibach Sway-Bars, C-F-M Racing Lower Engine Mount.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

dude. im talking 10's and 9's in the 1/8 and 14's in the 1/4... lmao. no the track isnt down hill. we actually ran at silver dollar raceway in reynolds ga. the track we will be running at from now on is in valdosta and its pretty new. better hooking track. it went 16.00 and my svt went 15.74 that day and i havent ran it since. he hasnt ran since either. heres the vid. mines the black 5 door svt. his is the silver zx3.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/SVT-Focus_149740.htm

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Insane
Adam

Ah, that makes sense. Much better sense, lol. Then yeah guy that should get you there.

To get about a 14.8 I know you'll need around 165whp and 145tq.
-Zetec Crew #215
Old 08-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

haha it wouldnt take 7-800hp to put a 2500lb car in the 10's. you could probobly put a heads/cam ls1 with a built 4l60e in a focus with a mustang 8.8 and go 10's easily with about 450-500whp.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 27,596, Level 98
Points: 27,596, Level: 98 Points: 27,596, Level: 98 Points: 27,596, Level: 98
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
Well, if ur looking for low 14's, you will need 200 whp or more. I am running at 164 whp and only run a 14.819 and thas my best, I was right around a 14.9 pretty consistently. Not tryin to put my self up or anything, but I've made well over 300 passes in dragging and I know my way around the block. That time is w/ slipping the clutch from 5500 rpm and a LSD. Unless you are a pro driver (not saying I am or anything) u will have difficult seeing those times. I also think you may burn the clutch a little.

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
Well, if ur looking for low 14's, you will need 200 whp or more. I am running at 164 whp and only run a 14.819 and thas my best, I was right around a 14.9 pretty consistently. Not tryin to put my self up or anything, but I've made well over 300 passes in dragging and I know my way around the block. That time is w/ slipping the clutch from 5500 rpm and a LSD. Unless you are a pro driver (not saying I am or anything) u will have difficult seeing those times. I also think you may burn the clutch a little.
hp doesnt have much to do with it. tq is what gives good 60'. good 60' is a major factor ina good e/t. this car stock went 16.00. the clutch is upgraded although im not sure with what but it grabs HARD. ive done 6000rpm clutch dumps with this car. the clutch has never slipped at all so i dont think that will be a factor. im pretty sure it either has a spec or a centerforce dual friction clutch in it. i have a few more ?'s for you. what mods did you have when you ran those times? how much did the car weigh? were you on D/R's or street tires? if this car went 10.30's and 16.00's stock on street tires then i dont see how its not gonna go 10.00's and 15.80's on motor with the weight out and the mods it has. then with the gas on it i think it should easily go high 14's. im not gonna burn the clutch. im gonna ebrake the car in the burnout box and heat the tires up then im gonna launch at about 5500 rpm's and side step the clutch. im a pretty good driver and ive been drag racing all my life so driving the car shouldnt be a problem. its gonna break or its gonna go down the track. thanks for your input and ill be waiting to hear your replys

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Finally got my car dyno'd 164.4 whp and 144.2 wtq N/A!!! My best quarter mile was 14.819 @ 96.32 mph w/ a 2.32 60 ft at 2588 lbs w/ me in the car!!!

sorry just saw your sig. what did the car run stock? why was your 60' so slow? were you on street tires? i think this thing should see 2.0 60' times side stepping the clutch on drag radials. what was your 1/8 mile e/t and trap? ive seen cars trapping 96 mph and running 13's. something just isnt adding up.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 08-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

oops double post

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM

Last edited by gonzorelic; 08-26-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: double post

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.