2005 Ford Focus - Connect iPod to 2005 Ford Focus (MP3 - 1 CD Player) - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
coolone
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58704
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 coolone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 Ford Focus - Connect iPod to 2005 Ford Focus (MP3 - 1 CD Player)

Hi,

I am trying to connect my iPod Nano to 2005 Ford Focus factory unit. Its a Single CD MP3 player. I went to several Circuit City, Best Buy and Auto Zone with no luck. Here is what they told me:

1. Circuit City guys told me to search online. Thx very much.
2. BestBuy tried to sell me a $150 iPod kit (which MIGHT work).
3. AutZone guys told me to go to CC or BB.

So, I spent a good deal of time searching online. I came across PIE and Motorcraft units but they all seem to say 6 CD MP3 players. I searched the Forum here but it was unable to find something conclusive.

So my question is, is there anything I can use to connect my OEM Stereo (Single Disc MP3 Player) to my iPOD. See below for pictures of my unit. It has a 8-pin empty port that I beleive is tha aux port.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
af3ll
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 58286
What I Drive: 2009 Black Focus SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 af3ll Good Standing Member
I'm interested in this as well. My girlfriend has an 06 Focus with the same stereo. I always thought you couldn't do anything if you press the AUX button and it says no AUX available or whatever it says.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
BeeFzX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46655
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 40 BeeFzX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
here you go : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&highlight=PIE
Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
focusboy5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50002
What I Drive: Four Wheels

FF Reputation: 31 focusboy5 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Yes that guy does have a 6-disc cd changer head unit it will still work with the single. I have the single and that is the connection method i used and it was well worth the money.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Bobwrc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110743
What I Drive: 2005 blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Bobwrc Good Standing Member
This is an old topic posting, I know but it pertains to my dilemma.

I decided to order a USASPEc interface unit, as I am satisfied with the audio system that came with my 2005 Focus ZX5, and all I want to do is to be able to play my IPOD through it.
In reading through the Haynes Repair Manual for the 2000 thru 2005 Focus; pertaining to radio removal (page 12-24) ; I came across a paragraph that said that a keycode anti-theft system is featured in the audio unit, and if the unit and/or the battery is disconnected, the audio unit will not function again on reconnection until the correct security code is entered.
I've viewed the post on this forum http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&highlight=PIE that specifically shows a radio unit that appears to be identical to mine, being removed, and an interface wiring harness being connected inline between the stock connector and the radio unit that permits an IPOD to be used.

If there is an anti-theft system that prevents radio removal how you install an interface unit?

I do have the PATS ignition key, and I thought that was standard equipment on all 2005 Focus models.

Can I remove my radio (w/single disc CD player), install the interface, and reinstall it; without rendering it inoperable?

Bookmarks & Social Networks