sweet lighting help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
N1TROPT1C
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45044
What I Drive: 2002 pitch black ford focus lx 5spd

FF Reputation: 2 N1TROPT1C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
sweet lighting help

ok so lighting wise
all my stuff is stock except for the hyper white bulbs on the headlights

now i love how my hyper white headlights look
and was wondering if thier is anything like that for the turn signals(grille)
or for the side markers

question 2
do the grille lights or the sidmarkers have to be amber colored
im thinkin about goin clear all around and was wonderin if id have to get amber bulbs

3-
are their better brighter tailights

im askin all this cus i also might tint everything except the headlights
so i heard that i would need brighter cooler burnin bulbs on all tinted lights so u can both see them better and have less risk of disfiguring of the lense from the heat

SEDAN REVOLUTION #65
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
N1TROPT1C
Focus Addict

oh and also sorry for talkin alot but interior wise i have this badazz headunit which is a perfect blue lighting

so to match this lighting i got a blue bulb from pepboys
for my dome but its crappy
and the center of the bulb isnt even blue

i was wonderin if anybody knows of a bright blue bulb or led configuration i could put in my dome light
a perfect blue to please
not light blue

thanks

SEDAN REVOLUTION #65
Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
zx3focus02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55814
What I Drive: 02 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 zx3focus02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well i have tinted tail lights and they are black as can be lol, you can see perfectly through them at night no problems..

now as far as the side markers, i know you can buy white lenses instead of yellow,and white bulbs... i just night shaded mine black to match my tail lights and 5% tint all around my car and night shaded grille =]
ZETEC Crew #255
Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
hybridtheory31
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56957
What I Drive: 2004 Dark Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 hybridtheory31 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1TROPT1C View Post
oh and also sorry for talkin alot but interior wise i have this badazz headunit which is a perfect blue lighting

so to match this lighting i got a blue bulb from pepboys
for my dome but its crappy
and the center of the bulb isnt even blue

i was wonderin if anybody knows of a bright blue bulb or led configuration i could put in my dome light
a perfect blue to please
not light blue

thanks
http://www.oznium.com/led-dome
never actually used them but theres a couple to choose from.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
i smoked my tail lights and everyone can see them good. Im not sure about the blinking lights i think they have to be orange but i have clear side markers with orange bulb. should check the state laws first on that one
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
N1TROPT1C
Focus Addict

thanks for the site hybrid
ill check out the state laws too

SEDAN REVOLUTION #65
Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
Sn4ckM4st3r
Banned

Fan#: 24432
What I Drive: 2002 Stealth ZX3

FF Reputation: 91 Sn4ckM4st3r Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Tropt1c.

There are not better tail lights per say. Now if you are looking to tin them i would switch to an LED style bulb only because it will be brighter but it will also cause way less heat. Which can be a big factor with tinted tails.

Upgrading them tinting is not worth it though. If a bulb is switched to LED you will get the same end.

Now for the grille, if you have a clear grille then you might step up your bulbs as well as your side marker bulbs to a xenon deal. It's not really xenon but the bulbs are blue in color but are clear when illuminated. Very cool i can post up a site with ll state car laws if you would like.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
N1TROPT1C
Focus Addict

yea please

SEDAN REVOLUTION #65
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
Sn4ckM4st3r
Banned

Fan#: 24432
What I Drive: 2002 Stealth ZX3

FF Reputation: 91 Sn4ckM4st3r Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Find your state and look under vehicle modifications. Bing bang DONE!!

http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...e-traffic-law/
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
N1TROPT1C
Focus Addict

Taillamps
24600. During darkness every motor vehicle which is not in combination with any other vehicle and every vehicle at the end of a combination of vehicles shall be equipped with lighted taillamps mounted on the rear as follows:

(a) Every vehicle shall be equipped with one or more taillamps.

(b) Every vehicle, other than a motorcycle, manufactured and first registered on or after January 1, 1958, shall be equipped with not less than two taillamps, except that trailers and semitrailers manufactured after July 23, 1973, which are less than 30 inches wide, may be equipped with one taillamp which shall be mounted at or near the vertical centerline of the vehicles. If a vehicle is equipped with two taillamps, they shall be mounted as specified in subdivision (d).

(c) Every vehicle or vehicle at the end of a combination of vehicles, subject to subdivision (a) of Section 22406 shall be equipped with not less than two taillamps.

(d) When two taillamps are required, at least one shall be mounted at the left and one at the right side respectively at the same level.

(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.

(f) Taillamps on vehicles manufactured on or after January 1, 1969, shall be mounted not lower than 15 inches nor higher than 72 inches, except that a tow truck, in addition to being equipped with the required taillamps, may also be equipped with two taillamps which may be mounted not lower than 15 inches nor higher than the maximum allowable vehicle height and as far forward as the rearmost portion of the driver's seat in the rearmost position. The additional taillamps on a tow truck shall be lighted whenever the headlamps are lighted.

Amended Ch. 924, Stats. 1988. Effective January 1, 1989.

from what i read
its ok to tint as long as its visable from 500 feet??

SEDAN REVOLUTION #65

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.